Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tom Anderson...I Almost Forgot About Him


Ah, the joys of young love, right?? Oh my...I was digging through some old notebooks the other day and stumbled across some notes from Tom. How I enjoyed reading them! I laughed, I almost cried, and I reminisced for a while. Now, most of you know that I'm not a big advocate of dating bunches of people before getting married, but he was such a great "starter" boyfriend. I had forgotten how much fun we had, how much he encouraged me to be me, to follow the Lord and to be in His service. He was one of those gems that later you find yourself thinking, "How did I let him get away??" LOL! Now for those of you who know me, you know that's not how it happened, but for those of you who don't...here's the short version...I was older, his parents thought I was a bad influence (can I hear laughter in the background??) and they forced us to split company. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and I don't wish that things had turned out differently, but I WAS reminded of how gracious God was to me when I was just putting my toes in the dating pool. We spent more time playing football and eating pizza with the youth group than anything else. I think in 18 months of dating, we went on about 5 single dates. Even though I haven't seen him in about 8 years, I would still consider him a friend and hope that he considers me one as well. He is funny, kindhearted, hopelessly sentimental, a big goofball, honest, a teacher, a leader and a fantastic friend. He is a good big brother, an honorable son and a respectful part of society. Tom, I miss our friendship and our fun together....if you're ever in NM, look us up, we would LOVE to see you!

Blessings,

Kristy
PS...this picture is of us at L Bar C Youth for Christ camp in Kansas City, in July of 92. I am 18 years old in that picture, don't I look about 12?? Yikes! LOL! ; )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my. I had almost completely forgotten about this! What a wild part of high school all that was... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...