Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
Outside my window...it is still and cold, Dan is gone to work and it's so early, not even the neighbor's rooster is crowing. The sky is clear and full of stars...so beautiful!
I am wearing...my nightgown as it is barely 5 am and I'm heading back to bed soon.
I am currently reading...Robinson Crusoe (I give up...it's just plain old boring!!) Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible, my Bible (wrapping up Proverbs again) and Hero Tales
From the kitchen... many tasty treats still linger, but it's time to wrap up the year end baking and get back to healthy (ish) eating...LOL
- Monday~ Sloppy joes with salad and veggie sticks
- Tuesday~Split pea soup with the leftover Christmas Ham, plus fresh bread
- Wednesday~Mac and Cheese with smoked sausage
- Thursday~Chicken and rice casserole (then munchies for New Year's Eve)
- Friday~Pizza with chips, veggies and ranch dip
- Saturday~Pat has been pushing for a return of freezer food night...we shall see
- Sunday~Roast chicken, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce
From the learning rooms...time to hit the books again! We took off all of Christmas week and most of the week before (which I did NOT plan for) so we need to get as much work done this week as we can so that we start 2010 on track. So today, the library for new book basket books, some serious ABeka time and much quiet reading. Rest of the week...ABeka in the AM, and My Father's World in the PM. Jodi and family are moving out this week, so it will be hit or miss with James, but we will do the best we can until a proper schedule can be worked out.
Around the house...it's still looking a lot like Christmas exploded all over the house...time to clean up the last of the boxes, find new homes for the new things and clean out some of the old. The boys need to be 'packing' as well since we will be in possession of two more bedrooms by the weekend and D and P are moving into 'the wing' and Derek is moving upstairs...they are quite excited! The pantry/Fridges/freezer must be cleaned out and taken stock of...they are all full, but I can never seem to find what I'm looking for...LOL!
One of my favorite things...Being able to find what I'm looking for...especially when it's my mind that I'm searching for...hee hee!
If you enjoy the simple life, are looking to begin the simple life or just want to read more of these wonderful posts...head on over to the delightful site of Miss Peggy at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ or click on the photo at the top.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Outside my window...a clear sky twinkles with stars, a cool breeze blows and the world still sleeps.
I am thinking...that Christmas snuck right up on me this year...how did I let that happen??
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Awww, Karen gets into the spirit of Christmas as she counts the days until she heads to Cali for the holidays.
Oh...look at the pretty ornament Tracy made me for my birthday...Oooo, Ahhhh!
Lauren and Rusty are feeling festive...poor dog! Love this pic, though!!
Kelly and her sweetie-pie, Jared
Ty and Pat get into the spirit of "Peace on Earth" ..well, sorta!
I spent 3 happy days in this little hotel room scrapping, reading, sleeping in and spending time with Dan....more about that in another post
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Patrick helped Titus write his name. Both the littles like to be up to the table while the big boys are doing school.
LET IT SNOW!!!
Monday, November 30, 2009
- Dan could use some prayer to calm his pressure at work, he's about to be at the breaking point.
- I need to get the house back to being a safe haven for him so that he can rest and refresh while he is at home.
- While we are making great strides in our schooling adventures, there is always room for improvement. Jodi and I were talking today that I always say that this is the best year EVER for homeschooling...and it is, but as I look back, I always see what I could have done better, or not done at all, or differently, and sometimes I get frustrated that it isn't going as well as it could, or I'm not keeping up with with homeschooling Jones' so prayer for me to remember that I'm doing the best I can, or if I'm not, to use that discouragement as EN~couragement to change directions and make THIS the best year ever....PERIOD.
- Jodi and Aaron are going through some changes and are struggling a bit...pray for them, their marriage and their children. Help Dan and I to be better examples of not only forgiveness, determination, and making it work, but of love.
- Karen and Ty are going to Cali for Christmas to see Dolli and family. Travelling mercies and to have a wonderful time together!
- Dan and I need to get back to having regular time together, away from the kids and the house. Prayers for not only the TIME to do that, but the opportunity to do that without sacrificing what little family time we have at this point.
My goodness...this post seems a bit dark. Sorry about that...negativity is rearing it's head today. I am really frustrated about several things over which I have no control, and that frustrates me too...LOL! On the upside...Advent starts tomorrow, Dan will be home in 3 days and we have NEW friends coming for game night...all is well! OK, a few pics and I'm done...this is MUCH longer than I anticipated. Hugs all around!
Devin turned 15 this week...he's getting so grown up!
Pondering these words...
- Tuesday~Turkey soup
- Thursday~Mac and cheese with hot dogs
- Saturday~Freezer Food
- Sunday~Chicken Parmesan
Monday, November 23, 2009
Noticing that...This year needs to S~L~O~W down, I'm not ready to head into 2010
From the learning rooms...Week 4 of My Father's World, and lessons 30-35 for Abeka Arithmetic and Language arts...OH, and some new book basket books (so a trip to the library is in short order)
- Monday~Fish Stix, Fries and Cauliflower
- Tuesday~Chicken Freid Rice and Chicken patties
- Wednesday~Steak Fajitas
- Thursday~Thanksgiving, HURRAY!
- Friday~Pizza but no game night, Just us this week
- Saturday~Breakfast for dinner~ Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown patties
- Sunday~Lasagna and Broccoli
Monday, November 16, 2009
For Today... November 16, 2009
- Monday~ Chicken and pepper skillet
- Tuesday~ Spaghetti and Garlic bread with Salad
- Wednesday~ BLT's with carrot sticks and dip
- Thursday~ Pork Chops, stuffing and Salad
- Sunday~ Stuffed peppers
Friday, October 30, 2009
- Dan is STILL in Hurley and is quickly growing weary of it. The few guys that are left on the job are the ones that expect someone else (namely Dan) to carry their dead weight and cover their tracks to the boss. Plus, since 'Shua isn't working with him anymore, I think he is lonely, sitting up in a hotel room all by himself. So when he gets home, he is tired and grumpy. He's also been either doing side work on the weekends to start earning Christmas money, or been working on someone's car....poor guy can't catch a break : ( I bought him tickets to the Speedway for next weekend, (shh, don't tell!) so hopefully I can get him to rest a bit and enjoy himself for 5 whole minutes.
- 'Shua and Lauren have both acquired seasonal jobs with my beloved Kohl's and start in a few weeks. Hurray, that's answered prayer! Plus, unemployment has come through for 'Shua and he has also been working weekends with Dan. Josh celebrated his 21st birthday last week and got a new PS2 and a fishtank, both things that he has been wanting. So, they have a roof over their heads and food on the table. God is good, all the time!
- David has been invited to join the boys gymnastics team at the local gym, tested all the way into level 5 (WOW) and has been training with the level 4 kids waiting for his upper body strength and flexibility to improve...but the coach said a few days ago that David is too good for this group and he needs to move up. David is nervous since those kids are a bit older and have been doing gymnastics for longer, plus their practice schedule will interfere with Game Night...so he hasn't decided yet, but he is really enjoying working out at the gym.
- Pat has been working hard at school these past few weeks and I am really proud of him! He sits right down and gets to work with a minimum of fuss or muss...it's really great! His attention span has improved greatly over the past year and he is maturing in other areas as well. He is glad to be home, although he does miss his PaPa and Grma and speaks of them often
- Derek is enjoying pre-school and likes to do his coloring pages, work in his lapbook and read books with Mama. He is the resident clown and keeps us laughing everyday with his silly antics and ridiculous statements. He has declared himself a BIGGIE boy and wants to go along to gymnastics, to 'Shua's house or wherever he thinks he's being left out of going...LOL!
- Me, I'm still working at Kohl's of course, teaching school and digging into our new curriculum that we are starting on Monday plus trying desperately to keep up with the laundry...HA! Pat has had hives this week and in trying to get everything as clean as possible to rule out allergens, I've broken my previous record of over 30 loads of laundry in 1 week: YIKES! I've enjoyed a week of not cooking since Jodi has planned all the meals this week and cooked them all, hurray! I've gained 5 pounds, *dang it* but it was totally worth it! ; )
- In other news, James AND Titus have been diagnosed with the swine flu in the past 10 days and so we had swine flu day and ate all piggy meals...LOL! Pork roast for lunch and white beans and ham WITH bacon bits for dinner. We're so silly! Both are doing well again, although I'm starting to wonder if Aaron has it, as he doesn't seem to feel that great.
- In the exciting news department, Lauren and I had quite an adventure while trying to run errands today. The transmission linkage (I'm guessing) went out in 'Shua's car, leaving us stuck at the top of a hill, rolling backwards and INTO traffic! Whee! Anywho, 2 men jumped out and helped the boys and I push it around the corner so it would coast down the hill and then David got his first time behind the wheel as Lauren and I pushed it into a subdivision. Another gentleman came along and offered his help as we stood there pondering what to do...have I mentioned I LOVE Las Cruces? The people are so friendly...not one person honked at us while we were blocking traffic, no one flipped us off and no one hollered out their window...it's SO not Chicago! : ) On a side note, isn't she pretty?? Gosh I love having them here by us!
- I guess that's about it for catching up for this week or two...thanks for listening! Have a great week!
PS. This video is for the Grandma's...it's a video of Titus, who has learned to say CHEESE!