Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, December 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook~Early Morning Edition

"Would you like to linger on the simple things?? Then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'." ~Miss Peggy~ If you would like to read other daybooks, check out this site.
For Today...December 21, 2009 (last SWD post before Christmas)
Outside my window...a clear sky twinkles with stars, a cool breeze blows and the world still sleeps.
I am thinking...that Christmas snuck right up on me this year...how did I let that happen??
I am thankful for...being prepared for Christmas, having a new CD to enjoy as I go about my day (thanks, Monkey) and a few more days to get the Christmas letter out....running so late on that part this year.
I am wearing...my jammies as it's barely 5 am and I am heading right back to bed when this is done...LOL
I am remembering...my birthday yesterday and all the sweet things that happened. all the wonderful people that called, dropped by or sent messages of well wishes, time spent with family and a restful, relaxing day. It's not so bad being 36, I guess ; )
I am going...nowhere until work tonight, hurray! Unless out of my mind counts as a trip...hee hee! And that means one more day to let my back heal after Friday night's half-Gainer onto my kitchen floor. I so wish I had caught that on video!
I am reading...Robinson Crusoe (will I EVER finish that book??) Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible (a new birthday gift) and the Advent Book with the Boys each night.
I am hoping...that I can complete my to do list today and be ready to greet hubby with a hot dinner, a clean house and a warm hug when he arrives home tonight.
I am hearing....just the fish tank filter burbling away. It's been forever since I heard that. Gosh, it really IS early and quiet here right now! I miss early morning quiet since work has forced me to alter my sleeping schedule. I am by nature, a morning person...but 'life' insists that I become a night owl, and so I miss quiet sleepy mornings with a cup of tea warming my hands while my Bible warms my heart. I can still do that at night, but it's just not the same...*sigh*
On my mind...many things, as usual~ but primarily being glad that Hubby and I for once did not overspend on gifts and we can start the new year NOT struggling to keep up in January. Maybe getting older does have some benefits...LOL!
Noticing that...God has placed some WONDERFUL people in my life...those that love me, despite me...ones that encourage me...ones that inspire me...ones that hold me accountable...ones that make me laugh. Ain't God GOOD??
Pondering these words..."You're a Blessing in our Life" My those are humbling words...how I long for them to be true~
From the kitchen...Oh my, I don't even know yet...TERRIBLE! I know I need to bake bread today and then make some meal plans. I'll try to get back to you on that one.
From the learning room...a week off, but since we skipped a few days last week, we may squeeze in a paper or two if we have time. Mostly just reading, crafting and baking this week. PRACTICAL learning, right? Next week, back to the books.
Around the house...I have GOT to fold the clothes in my room! I need to do some general tidying, clean the kitchen yet again and try to keep it that way....Muahahahah~ I also need to help Jodi pack if she needs it. They plan to move sometime next week, so it's crunch time.
One of my favorite things...Family and Friends that take time to make my birthday special, even though it's the busiest time of year.
A picture thought I am sharing with you...Dan with the handmade calendar with pictures of the sweet Miss Izzi all dressed up...so precious!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...