Saturday, June 12, 2010
Sophie is a VERY curious kitty and Dan is a rather indulgent pet owner, when she started noticing the ceiling fans....Dan just picked her right up so she could see them go 'round up close and personal like!
Everyone say it with me, "Only at MY house" LOVE it...LOL!
~Dan is enjoying his weekends off : ) The motorcycle is running well and he's enjoying riding it whenever he can. He's even called a sitter a few times so we can ride together. I LOVE to ride, but will say that I've discovered my limit is about 2 hours. We rode yesterday while looking for houses and ended up being out for about 6 hours. I'm sunburned, just from the nose down on my face, I'm sore and I was HOT with all my riding gear on in the 99* heat. However, I'll not be doing any complaining to him about it, I may not get invited again...LOL!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
- The first (and hardest) box has been packed...so the rest should be easy!
- Memorial Day weekend was just flat out SUPER! BBQ with friends, game night, several projects around the house accomplished, Dan was able to get some much needed extra rest, and even a motorcycle ride....just great!
- I only work 1 night this week and while that isn't necessarily good for my pocket book, it IS good for my sanity, and gives us more time to look for housing.
- Homemade bread, still warm from the oven, covered in butter...real butter. Mmmmmmm....................
- Coffee with my sister girl, Karen (and sometimes my mom, via Skype)
- Dad and Mom will be here in less than 2 weeks for their first visit of the summer : ) We are all so excited!
I like the idea of this kind of post. If you do too, add a few of YOUR little things. I'm making it a goal to be more positive this year, join me!
Outside my window... a bird is chirping happily as the sun slowly begins it's ascent into the sky. Forecast calls for a high of 93*, but I'm assuming it will end up warmer than that. The sky is clear and dawn is just on the horizon.
I am thinking... that I really should have gone back to bed when Dan left. I'm so sleepy >_< I am thankful for... coffee with friends, home baked bread, a good book, THE good book, and a family to live, love and learn with.
From the learning rooms... we are taking a break from MFW this week, but still doing homeschool lite...reading, practicing our math facts, and a little copywork
From the kitchen... Pumpkin is thawing for pumpkin bread this morning, bread is soon to be rising on the counter, tea is steeping and here's the menu for the week.
- Monday~Memorial Day BBQ...BBQ ribs, grilled corn on the cob, pasta salad, veggie tray, baked beans, brownies, snowball cake, sweet tea and GOOD friends to share it with : )
- Tuesday~Hamburger Helper "crunchy taco" flavor, made by Pat
- Wednesday~Breakfast for Dinner...Eggs, biscuits, bacon, sausage, and hash browns
- Thursday~Chicken and potatoes on the grill, salad
- Friday~Soup and Sammies
- Sunday~Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Salad
I am wearing... my jammies...shhh, don't tell!
I am going... to look at houses again today. Anyone have a house they want to rent me so I can quit looking??
I am creating... Packing boxes FILLED with our things (and a LIST to go with all those boxes)
I am reading... Musclehead Revolution, Proverbs and Dr. Suess/Veggie Tales books
I am hoping... that the Lord leads us to our new house soon...we are moving at the end of June whether we have a place to go or not, and I'd really rather not live in a hotel with my 3 boys.
I am hearing... The birds chirping and the fish tank filter. That's IT!
Around the house... it's CLEAN : ) I'm going to take advantage of that today and do as little housework as I can today...LOL!
One of my favorite things... A long weekend filled with friends, laughter, tasty food and sunshine, and plenty of rest to recharge the body and mind
A few plans for the rest of the week: Looking for houses, packing, and homeschool lite
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... This is DT, after WAY too much Memorial Day fun....notice the BBQ on his face, wet hair from playing in the hose and the grumpy expression since I just announced that he needed to go to bed (it was already 2 hours past bedtime) ...LOL! Love his Eyes in this pic, so BLUE!
*If you enjoyed this post, go to http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to read more like them...or join us!