Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just a Good Day

It's been a good day around here at the MeYeR house. I went off and earned David's gym lessons, which he greatly appreciates and on days like today when there isn't much activity, I can catch up on my letter writing...LOL! Patrick got invited over to 'Shua and Lauren's for an overnight trip, hurray for Pat! David had a friend over to spend the afternoon and they had a ball running around, beating each other with boffer swords, jumping on the trampoline and playing video games. Dan and I spent some time together making fruit leathers (kinda like fruit roll ups but healthy). We talked, decided and then signed the paperwork on our new house (phew, that's done) and still had time to chat with Mom, Dad, Lee and Marsha about the new place, and the cousins played some games together via Skype which has to be one of the best inventions, EVER. Derek played on the computer, ran around outside, made a pest of himself to David and his company, got tickled until he screamed by Daddy and then collapsed into bed. Pizza has been made and enjoyed...love me some homemade pizza! So now, it's 11:30, everyone is asleep except me (I'm waiting for the fruit leathers to get done) and I'm absorbing some quiet, not only in my head, but in my spirit. God is so good...even and especially when we don't deserve it. Kinda makes you want to holler AMEN, doesn't it?
~K~

2 comments:

Danielle Leigh said...

I think it does deserve an AMEN!!!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

You have four sons?

SO DO I! (And I've written a book about it...)

Come on over and see me sometime!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...