Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Outside my window...it is warm, sunny and SPRING is in the air
I am thinking...that trying to pack and move 8 people in 10 days while continuing to homeschool, host company, work 4 nights and hubby is out of town half of each week is insanity...LOL
I am thankful for...a fresh new week, full of promise and hope, a new chance to get things right and a home that's a haven of rest in the storms of life
From the learning rooms...the boys are working on the last few pages for this week already since Kelly is coming in tomorrow, Aleks math on the computer, Derek is finished with preschool for the day after working on squares, colors and the number 2, and reading is on the ballot for the rest of the week with the Aleks math.
I am going...nowhere until tomorrow, and am glad for the chance to spend the evening hours tidying one last time, reading to the boys before bed and then a quiet night soaking my tired feet and then treating myself to painted piggies.
I am reading...Many things...the New Testament in 90 days, the LOVE DARE! And once again, A Woman After God's Own Heart...I am sooo hardheaded
One of my favorite things...watching my kiddos have a 'light bulb' moment as they actually GET IT for the first time
Friday, March 20, 2009
What is something I always say to you? ~NO jumping on the bean bag chair, no running, be QUIET
2. What makes me happy? ~House clean, boys dressed and showered for church and always do everything with no complaints
3. What makes me sad? ~Me and everyone not listening, acting bad and yelling at you
4. How do I make you laugh? ~that's a tough one....(long pause)...doing the funny faces you make
5. What do you think I was like as a child? ~ummm, a nice, clean girl (ROFL...shows what he knows...LOL)
6. How old am I? ~35
7. How tall am I? ~4 feet??
8. What is my favorite thing to do? ~Go on vacation
9. What do I do when you're not around? ~Go on a date with Daddy
10. If I become famous, what will it be for? ~Your cooking (yeah me)
11. What am I really good at? ~Cooking and being our mommy
12. What am I not really good at? ~building stuff
13. What is my job? ~Working at Kohls
14. What is my favorite food? ~(long silence)...Chicken cordon Bleu??
15. What makes you proud of me? ~doing your job?? (He seemed baffled by this question)
16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be? ~Bugs Bunny
17. What do you and I do together? ~We go shopping together, and make cookies together
18. How are we the same? ~we are both Funny
19. How are you and I different? ~You like to clean more...(LOL, apparently, I need to get a life!!).
20. How do you know that I love you? When you smile at me
21. Where is my favorite place to go? ~shopping...NO to a restaurant (that's more like it)
22. What is my favorite thing about Dad? ~That's he's a Neanderthal...(Oh my gravy...I'm dying of laughter over here...where did THAT come from??)
Ask your child the following questions and write down their answers exactly how they answer. It's fun to see what they come up with! I asked these questions to David~11
1. What is something I always say to you? ~CLEAN, STOP, Don't be a whiner
2. What makes me happy? ~Daddy...and 'Shua coming down
3. What makes me sad? ~When daddy goes away
4. How do I make you laugh? ~When you act like me
5. What do you think I was like as a child? ~Like you are now
6. How old am I? ~35, right??
7. How tall am I? ~Just a little bit less than me (sad but true)
8. What is my favorite thing to do? ~Hmmmmmmmmmm...play on the computer and talk to your friends
9. What do I do when you're not around? ~Watch Titus and Derek
10. If I become famous, what will it be for? ~You and Daddy (not sure what THAT means)
11. What am I really good at? ~Motherhood
12. What am I not really good at? ~Hmmmmmmmmmm, um, ummmmmmmm....You're wonderful at everything and you're especially good at being the tooth fairy...LOL (awwwww)
13. What is my job? ~Motherhood and Kohls
14. What is my favorite food? ~I don't know...salad??
15. What makes you proud of me? ~Everything
16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be? ~Kim Possible (COOL, she ROCKS!!)
17. What do you and I do together? ~Watch the kids, cook, bake cookies...I don't know??
18. How are we the same? ~We have a lot of freckles
19. How are you and I different? ~Ummmmmmm, OK, stop writing that, HEEEEYYYYYY! That's mean! I don't know.
20. How do you know that I love you? ~(He was wandering off towards the TV as I asked this one...LOL never got a straight answer)
21. Where is my favorite place to go? ~Out to eat
22. What is my favorite thing about Dad? ~He fixes alot of stuff and that (pointing to my top 10 reasons I love you list hanging on the side of the computer...the list is as follows...
1. You love me so much
2.You are a Christian
3. You are such a great Dad
4. You are HANDY...so smart and resourceful
5. You are FUNNY!!
6. Kids animals and old ladies love you, and they all have great taste
7. So compassionate (he's the one that cries at the end of Extreme Makeover, Home Edition, not me)
8. You make me feel safe
9. You work hard everyday, just for us
10. You are super-hunky and have a perfectly round butt! (sorry if that's TMI...LOL)
Saturday, March 14, 2009
THE KITCHEN....complete with 2 stove tops, a built in microwave, more cabinets that even I know what to do with and a breakfast nook...see 2nd picture below as well!
This is the view into the 'multi-purpose room' and into the living room beyond...as seen from the kitchen. The "MPR" will be used to house the school room, a safe place for T to play and the girl room all in one. And for game nights as well.
This is the master bedroom on the 2nd floor. With a private balcony that has a view of our beloved Organ mountains...SWEET!
Look!! A pantry!! I am so excited about this it's really pitiful!! Hurray! Oh, and an actual laundry room as well...yeah!
Thanks for taking the tour with us!! Oh, we will be moving in the weekend of April 3rd...anyone wanna come help?? Also want to add that we are sooo grateful that we waited until God showed us the right one! I was trying SOOOO hard to turn it over to Him and not fret as the hour drew nearer and nearer...and I waited just long enough. The landlord already thinks I'm a whack job...he said that the house has been on the market for several months and that bunches of people have been interested, but it just kept falling through, to which I replied..."God was holding it just for us." He just looked at me and said, "Well, maybe that was it.." and gave me this strange look. Maybe he was having second thoughts...LOL! Too late! Love you all!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
After lunch and the following clean up, it's outside to burn off some energy to get ready for school...now each boy gets 1 on 1 time with me, and I still get to schedule myself 30 whole minutes of a rest...yeah! I was VERY excited about that part. ; )
*In the essentials; UNITY, In the non-essentials; LIBERTY,and in ALL things; CHARITY*
Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!
Thursday, March 5, 2009