Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...MARCH 24, 2009
Outside my window...it is warm, sunny and SPRING is in the air
I am thinking...that trying to pack and move 8 people in 10 days while continuing to homeschool, host company, work 4 nights and hubby is out of town half of each week is insanity...LOL
I am thankful for...a fresh new week, full of promise and hope, a new chance to get things right and a home that's a haven of rest in the storms of life
From the learning rooms...the boys are working on the last few pages for this week already since Kelly is coming in tomorrow, Aleks math on the computer, Derek is finished with preschool for the day after working on squares, colors and the number 2, and reading is on the ballot for the rest of the week with the Aleks math.
From the kitchen...chicken fajitas tonight and for ONCE as I write this, the kitchen is CLEAN...woo hoo!
I am wearing...Jeans and a lilght blue t-shirt with eyelet around the collar.
I am creating...Order out of chaos, clean laundry with homemade detergent, and brainiac boys
I am going...nowhere until tomorrow, and am glad for the chance to spend the evening hours tidying one last time, reading to the boys before bed and then a quiet night soaking my tired feet and then treating myself to painted piggies.
I am reading...Many things...the New Testament in 90 days, the LOVE DARE! And once again, A Woman After God's Own Heart...I am sooo hardheaded
I am hoping...that I manage to pack us up and move us to a new home without losing anything important, like my mind or my temper...LOL
I am hearing...The dryer churning out yet another load of laundry for me to fold, Titus' clothy diapers rustling as he crawls around the room, James murmuring to himself as he works on a math paper, Bubba barking at the neighbors that just came home and my own thoughts, tumbling like the dryer
Around the house...T is playing, D is resting, big boys are schooling, I am Blogging, Dan and Jodi are working, and for about the next 3 seconds all is calm....but I'm not counting on that lasting for very long...LOL
One of my favorite things...watching my kiddos have a 'light bulb' moment as they actually GET IT for the first time
A few plans for the rest of the week...hanging out with Kelly (YEAH!!) having game night, working a few more nights, packing like MAD and keeping the house decent...that part is just a dream
Here is picture thought I am sharing...I took this the same day we found the house...SOOO pretty. Isn't God's creation just awe-inspiring??



This post is in response to the call to simplicity by Miss Peggy and other daybook writers. If you want to find out more about that...visit her on her page at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ or simply click on the photo at the top of the page. Thanks for taking time to read this.
~Kristy~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...