- Monday~ BIRTHDAY Dinner!! Meatloaf, green beans, corn and rice
- Tuesday~ Pulled Pork Sammies (crock pot) with chips and veggie sticks
- Wednesday~ Fish, rice and Cauliflower
- Thursday~ Crock pot chicken with salsa, tortillas and salad
- Friday~ Pizza with the gang
- Saturday~ Taco soup, Frito scoops and cheese (Karen and Ty over for dinner)
- Sunday~ Lasagna, salad and garlic bread
Monday, January 18, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
As for the rest of us....life is good, God is shining on us as my Mom said yesterday and it's hard not to have a ridiculous smile on my face all the time. Not that we never have an off day, but who doesn't, right?
~~David has REJOINED the gymnastics team...thanks to some finagling on my part. I now run the concession stand on Saturday mornings in exchange for his lessons...seems like a good trade off to me. He is thrilled and couldn't wait to get back to working out 4 times a week with 'the guys'
~~Pat is very excited about the bed that Dan is building him...although he IS trying to figure out if it will fit in his tent, since he isn't sure he wants to give that up just yet! : ) His new bed will have room for drawers under it (that Dan will build soon), bookshelves for his favorite books and his rock collection in the headboard, and has a door to go under the bed for a little hideaway. He's pretty stoked!
~~Derek is really enjoying his new room, except if he has to sit on his bed for timeout...before, I had to put him elsewhere or he would get into David's things...OOPS! Now, he loves to play with his new tool bench and is forever bringing me some new creation that he's thought up by himself. *sigh* toddler hood is fleeting
~~Dan is enjoying not only the job in Tularosa, but the new set of guys he's working with and comes home with a funny story almost everyday. He is LOVING being home every night to see the boys and to sleep in his own bed. He's set up a work out routine with Karen and Tyler and is having fun working them really hard : )
~~I'm looking forward to my new job, LOVING that I have friends to play paper with each week and starting the new semester of school with a few tweaks here and there.
~~Monday is Pat's 11th birthday and he is looking forward to it...no school, going over to play with James and Titus whom he misses very much, picking dinner plans and getting to be the boss of the day...it's almost TOO much excitement for one day ; )
I think that's all the news that IS news around here for this week...thanks for being interested in our lives and sharing it with us.
Yes, Patrick lives in a tent...is that a problem?? He loves it...and Dan is building his new bed as I write this...LOL!
David LOVES having his very own room for the first time since Pat was born : )
Derek loves having HIS own room for the first time EVER...hurray!
And for me, the HOLY GRAIL...a school room, complete with Shelves for books, a huge map, desks and TWO chalkboards! YEAH!!
Monday, January 11, 2010
I am going... nowhere since Dan took the van today. And that's a good thing, I'm ready to be home a while.
I am reading... The 5 Love Languages for Children, Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible, and the Bible
From the kitchen... Coffee is almost done brewing, bread is already baked for the week (hurray) gonna try my hand at granola today and here are the meal plans...subject to change without notice...not sure why, but my meal plans keep getting tosses aside for a new plan...LOL
- Monday~ Baked Chicken, Rice and Cauliflower
- Tuesday~ Grilled cheese and soup
- Wednesday~Breakfast for dinner
- Thursday~ Tacos with chips and salsa (substitute half the ground beef for black beans)
- Friday~ Pizza with veggie sticks, chips and dip
- Saturday~ Tuna casserole and salad
- Sunday~ Lasagna with salad and garlic bread
One of my favorite things... A quiet morning with no sounds but the fish tank bubbling and the coffee pot gurgling, and a chance to sneak back to bed for an hour or so. Shhhh....don't tell!
From my picture journal... a sweet picture of my pretty little great niece Ryan. She's about as cute as they come...not that I'm a bit biased, mind you!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
- A sweet daughter in love that wants to scrap with me, instead of by herself at home.
- A son that takes an assignment from Daddy very seriously and goes above and beyond the directions to make Daddy smile.
- Beef stew bubbling in the crock pot that makes getting dinner on the table a snap.
- A CD that makes me feel peppy enough to clean ONE MORE thing.
I like the idea of this kind of post. If you like it too, add YOUR little things. I'm making it a goal to be more positive this year....join me!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
- Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread
- Fish, Rice and Broccoli
- Soup and sandwiches...probably chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese
- Tuna casserole
- Pizza, of course
- Beef Stew in the crock pot
- It's asking the hubbs to escort the little guy to bed and 20 minutes later finding them curled up together asleep
- It's knowing the LAST load of laundry is just about dry
- It's having hubby's lunch packed and the coffee pot prepped for the early morning rush
- It's knowing that your kids like you enough to WANT to hang out with you on a Sunday afternoon.
I like the idea of this style of post. If you like it too, add your little things! I'm making it a goal to focus on the positive this year...Join me!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Dan and I being goofy right before midnight
Lauren got snapped while her guard was down...yes!! Victory for me~
When we got home, sadly, it was time to pack for home. Mom had helped me stay on top of the laundry so that we weren't heading back with bags full of dirty laundry...hurray! Liz came over to keep me company and we chatted and laughed while stuffing the bags full again, looking for this and that and finding all the odds and ends that Pat had all around from spending 4 months in IL. All too soon the night was over and it was time for a final goodbye for us...BOO! Dan arrived home after spending an evening with friends and we all headed to bed so that we could get Dan to the airport in the early AM
The next morning...we all gathered for a breakfast together and to say final goodbyes. Jodi and the boys, Mike and Kelly with their 5, Mom and Dad, plus all of us...it was a house full, that's for sure. We took bunches of pictures, promised to write/call/e-mail more often and then it was Go time. We all piled in and waved one last goodbye...*sigh*...leaving is hard! Dan announced that he was going to ditch his ticket and drive home with us...and so he did. We found our way over to Osco Il to meet my Internet bestie Jen, who graciously opened her home to us based solely on the promise that we were NOT axe murderers...LOL! We met her dear, sweet children, got chewed on by her goat, had lunch with her and the family and traded presents...hee hee! I love presents ; ) Again, all too soon it was time to go, rats! Anywho, we piled in the van again and began the long trek home. And that's what we did for the next 2 days...drive, drive and drive some more. By the time we got home LATE Tuesday night, David, Patrick and I were all sick, Dan had to leave in 6 hours to go back to work and exhausted doesn't even begin to describe the sleepiness we felt. I think bone weary is a bit better. At any rate, we were HOME!!! Ahh, home....I love home! The dogs were thrilled to see us after 16 days and nearly knocked Dan down upon entering the house. : ) We put the boys to bed, unpacked the van as quickly as we could and headed to bed ourselves. And THAT is all she wrote!!