Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... January 18, 2010 Patrick's 11th Birthday
Outside my window... it is dark and early, a gentle breeze blows the clouds away and it's going to be a glorious day!
I am thankful for... my healthy children, a weekend spent at HOME, and the right to home school any way I see fit.
I am wearing... Navy yoga pants, a nay undershirt and a pink peasant tee. Very comfy, and almost trendy to boot : )
I am remembering... 11 years ago as I headed to the hospital to bring baby number 2 into the world...it was WAT colder in IL than it is here, I assure you. Chicago in January is NOT a nice thing.
I am going... to Jodi's house today, to pick up Dan later from his carpool, to work 3 times this week, gotta take David to gymnastics 4 times, the library and probably out of my mind at least once this week....it's gonna be busy, and great!
I am currently reading... I can't remember, it must be wonderful, eh?
I am hoping... that Pat has an enjoyable birthday.
On my mind... the new budget that I wanted to have ready before the new year that is still in the back of my mind instead of on paper...oops!
Noticing that... a few chores over the weekend go a long way to making Monday look better
Pondering these words... "It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep and his cupidity may at some point be satiated: but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis (for those of you like me, who don't know what cupidity is, I looked it up no wikipedia and it redirected me to the word 'greed'...which makes sense. )
From the kitchen... Tasty treats this week with Pat's birthday today and Lauren's coming up on Sunday...hurray for reasons to make baked goods!
  • Monday~ BIRTHDAY Dinner!! Meatloaf, green beans, corn and rice
  • Tuesday~ Pulled Pork Sammies (crock pot) with chips and veggie sticks
  • Wednesday~ Fish, rice and Cauliflower
  • Thursday~ Crock pot chicken with salsa, tortillas and salad
  • Friday~ Pizza with the gang
  • Saturday~ Taco soup, Frito scoops and cheese (Karen and Ty over for dinner)
  • Sunday~ Lasagna, salad and garlic bread
From the learning rooms... a short week due to today off for Pat's birthday and no formal school lessons on Fridays, so we will have to work HARD those 3 days. I think Pat and I are going to skip long division for a while and come back to it later. David needs to get some work done on his literary study of 'Holes' now that he has the book read.
Around the house... Dishes are piled up EVERYWHERE...we were so lazy this weekend. Other than that, just some basic tidying and some serious dusting after Dan and Josh were sanding Pat's new bed.
One of my favorite things... Hearing the coffeepot gurgle to tell me that the tea is done so I can enjoy a cup in the early morning quiet.
From my picture journal... Oh my goodness, that man makes me laugh! Here is Dan mugging for the camera with the boys at the lunch table...LOL! WORD!


~*~Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moment'. ~Miss Peggy at Simple Woman's Daybook ~*~

7 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Happy Birthday to your Patrick!

What a great excuse to indulge in baking and baked goods! I, myself, am trying to stop eating sugar, white flour for awhile...ugh! My dearest love! :)

Have a wonderful week! Ours will be crazy busy, too!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Patrick!!!

Patty said...

We were out a good bit over the weekend and I too was lazy with the dishes. Hope you have a great day. I enjoyed reading your daybook.

LISA said...

Our life sounds blessed and full this week.
Dinner is gonna be great (I think I'm hungry).
Birthday blessings for Pat.
C.S. Lewis, need I say more?
Have a wonderful week:)

Jhona O. said...

I enjoyed your daybook! I hope you have a wonderfully short week with your family and that the birthday celebration is great! Your menu sounds delicious:)

dtbrents said...

A great picture! I love your menu. I hope Pat has a great birthday. Doylene

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoyed reading your post very much.
Life Happens While we Sometimes are Making Other Plans! lol
~~HUGS~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...