Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...MARCH 9, 2009

Outside my window...it is a cool, dreary day full of dark clouds and a chilly breeze

I am thinking...that the writers of Managers of Their Homes are geniuses...LOL

I am thankful for...a fresh new week, full of promise and hope, a new chance to get things right and a warm home that's a haven of rest in the storms of life

From the learning rooms...boys are working on their "Love Your Neighbor' packets, a few random worksheets to start the brain working again, and our new ABeka for next year has arrived...HURRAY!

From the kitchen...The smell of fresh baked bread (is there anything better?) and for dinner, pork roast with veggies and the aforementioned bread.

I am wearing...Jean capris and my red curves t-shirt which helped me get in the mood to work out this morning

I am creating...Order out of chaos, clean laundry with homemade detergent, and brainiac boys

I am going...nowhere until tomorrow, and am glad for the chance to spend the evening hours playing games with the family, reading to the boys before bed and then a quiet night with Dan.

I am reading...Many things...the New Testament in 90 days, Upstairs Girls (a book about prostitution in the Old West) Speaking Mom-eese by Lisa Welchel, and Educational Travel on a Shoestring...and when I'm done with one of those, I'm starting the LOVE DARE! My, that's alot, even for me!

I am hoping...that my new schedule will help me be more productive and better rested...both of which are needed at this point...hee hee

I am hearing...Shadow barking at the wind, the dryer finishing the 4th load of laundry for the day, James' pencil sctratching across the paper and Dave and Pat working together on the word search puzzle I gave them.

Around the house...T is sleeping, D is resting, big boys are schooling, I am Blogging, Dan and Jodi are working, and for about the next 3 seconds all is calm.

One of my favorite things...making Dan laugh..not just the two little chuckles that he does, but a full belly laugh. Since it's rare, it's prized!

A few plans for the rest of the week...grocery shopping, game night, pizza movie night, 3 evenings at work, Jodi has hand bells on Wednesday and Dan has training classes on Friday night and all day Saturday. Good thing I don't have a social life...LOL!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Derek is getting so big...**SIGH** he sat at the table with me and did his very first paper for preschool today. We worked on the letter D since that's what his name starts with. He sat down and wrote a letter D just like he's been doing it for months! So here he is working away at preschool.


This post is in response to the call to simplicity by Miss Peggy and other daybook writers. If you want to find out more about that...visit her on her page at www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com or simply click on the photo at the top of the page. Thanks for taking time to read this.
~Kristy~

2 comments:

Lisa Grace said...

I am trying to focus daily like this; it's so challenging! I admire how organized you are =) Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing on yours.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kristy!! He's SOOOOO cute. And SMART too!! I can't believe he did that-no, wait-I CAN!! I can't believe how much he's grown in the 1-1/2 years you guys have been here. Have I told you lately-I AM SOOOO GLAD YOU GUYS MOVED HERE!!!!! It's delightful watching the boys grow up. Love you, Sister-Girl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...