Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Friday, February 6, 2009

My Sister-Girl, Karen!


My Sister-Girl, Karen! She's been so fun to live near! She has shared her home, her bathroom and her life with us! We have so enjoyed getting to know her better over the past year and a half. She is a great housemate, glad to share in the chores, make meals plans and she cleans the kitchen every night...yeah! She is a great coffee pal, we have coffee together about once a week, sometimes more to share what's going on in our lives...and for adult conversation...LOL! The boys adore her and in fact, we invited them for dinner tonight since I've been hearing grumblings about me hogging her during the coffee hours. She is a honest, patriotic, freedom loving, hippy gal ; ) She tells it like she sees it and what you see is what you get with Karen. She doesn't put on airs or try to keep up with the Jones, she just does what she feels is best. She gives good advice, and unlike most people, will listen and take advice that is given to her....now that's rare! She LOVES to read and is knowledgeable about most issues. She is STRONG...and I know that she hates it when people way that, but the truth is the truth! She spoils me shamelessly, always bringing me some small treat, giving me a break or doing a dish while I'm not looking. She encourages me when I am discouraged, cheers me when I'm doing something right, and reminds me to take care of me, so I can be a better mom, wife, teacher, employee and friend. She gave me this really sweet card for my birthday and I think it describes our relationship really well...
What Is a Sister? by Emily Matthews
She's someone beside you lending a hand,
Offering words that say, "I understand"...
She's someone you turn to, day after day,
To share any worries that life brings your way...
She's someone you trust, and her words and her smile
Are kept in your heart and make life worthwhile.
You're never too busy to listen, never to busy to care,
You're always so eager to offer your help along with your gifts which you share
You're a woman who's made such a difference in so many wonderful ways~
A sister who's loved and liked and admired and who's wished the most special of days.
OK, the last part is about the birthday, but the rest is so accurate! Karen is a good mom, a fun auntie, a sweet daughter, and happy Memaw and a great sister! I love you, Sister-Girl!
~K~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...