Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Catching up with us MeYeR's

Greetings, one and all from warm and sunny New Mexico! It has averaged in the low 70s this week and the sun has been shining like crazy! Today, however, it's is cool, cloudy and windy...a perfect day for curling up in front of the fireplace and watching a movie or reading a good book. I am soooo glad about that since it has been a hectic, bothersome week and I'm pleased that it is over...LOL! It was one of those weeks where nothing went tragically, horrifically wrong, just many little annoying things happened. We worked hard all week at school and probably only produced 3 days worth of work, we forgot to read out of our Masterpiece book completely, I waited for over an hour and a half to see the Dr, only to spend 38 seconds with him when he finally showed up, Derek has been having accidents again this week, Bubba is peeing on EVERYTHING Jodi owns, I smashed my finger playing cards of all things, I have been stressing and eating which means that for the SECOND week I haven't lost any more weight (grrr) plus Dan and I realized that since our house was sold this year, we have to pay all the taxes on that "earned income" of which we never saw a penny....sigh!! So, suffice it to say that we are glad, Glad, GLAD this week is over and we can start fresh on a whole new week! YEAH! On the flip side of the bad is always the good, so to put it in perspective...we can start fresh on school tomorrow and make up some of that work, we can read an extra chapter in Masterpiece, I can make a new appt with the Dr. once he gets my bloodwork back, Derek will start going potty in the right place again once things settle down a bit, Bubba will either stop peeing or he will go to live at the animal sanctuary, my finger will heal soon enough, I am noticing my nervous snacking and am getting control of it, and now the house mess is behind us and we can move forward from here. And those are all good things!! So, all is not lost! Isn't that a happy thought?!? We are looking so forward to visiting with EK and Linda at the end of the month and really enjoying the anticipation of seeing Alec playing Guitar Hero once again in our LR...*sigh*. Plus, Kelly is coming sometime soon, date to (hopefully soon) be determined. yeah! I am really enjoying baking all of our bread, although I will say that it seems to disappear faster than store bought loaves...LOL! But, I feel so good about supplying our boys with bread that is wholesome, nutritious, and also void of chemicals, preservatives and the ever pervasive HFCS...hee hee~ well, I think that's enough ramblings for today. Don't for get to check back daily this month for my Fantastic February Challenge and your name may be the one at the top of the next page!! Have a blessed and Joy filled week!
Blessings,
Kristy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...