Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

To read more entries like this, go to Peggy's blog at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com and consider joining us as we share our love of the simple life!


For Today, February 9, 2009...


Outside my window...the sun is shining, the clouds are light and fluffy and sand is in little piles where the boys have been playing.


From the learning rooms... We are hitting the books t his week since we got interrupted several times last week.


I am thankful for...silence, a chance to catch my breath now and then and doing this weekly...solidarity, sisters!


From the kitchen... Mac and cheese are bubbling away getting ready for lunch, later today, chicken and rice casserole with fresh bread...man, I love to cook!


I am wearing... jeans and my heavy duty cleaning shirt since I've scrubbed the whole kitchen form top to bottom already today...phew!


I am reading... Masterpiece, Musclehead Revolution, Educational Travel on a Shoestring, and the New Testament in 90 days


I am hoping... To start losing more weight...goodness knows I'm working hard enough to be losing SOME!


I am creating... a clean, peaceful and loving home for my family and friends


I am hearing... dogs lapping water, the dryer whirring, James giggling and the other boys whispering since they are in time out and aren't supposed to be talking...oops


Around the house... clothes are waiting to be folded, floors are waiting to be swept and mopped and my bed is calling me already and it's only 12:30....I'm in trouble...LOL!


One of my favorite things... books. Books are friends, books are educational, books can take you to far off or long ago places and times, books can be just silly to make you laugh or tragically sad to remind you of how blessed you are...BOOKS


A few plans for the rest of the week... home, home and more home, a few days of working at Kohl's but other than that, I intend to just be happy to be at home.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Hmm, what to share?? Ah yes, my clean shiny sink since I just got done scrubbing it. Ta~Da!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...