Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Candy is so Sweet!


Sorry, Candy, I just couldn't resist! LOL! Candy is my other best friend. In fact, my 2 best friends are sisters and I happen to be blessed enough that they don't mind sharing me! Candy is a wonderful, Christian woman and I am honored to call her a friend. We have shared many a laugh and a few tears together over the years. She is married to the charming Kermit, who just happens to be one of my favorite men in the whole world...a post about him some other time...and the mother of some of my fave kids on the planet, too. ANYWHO, back to Candy, whose real name is Andrea, she is just great! Passionate, exuberant, funny, wise and a great cook, this gal rocks. She is my go-to gal if I am searching for something in the Bible, advice about my sometimes interesting marriage, or just someone to chat with over a cup of tea. We have attended the same church for years, been in Sunday School together, served on committees together, led AWANAs together, and it's always been a real joy. I have been her nanny for years and miss her children dearly since the move to NM. I've learned so many things from Candy about loving when it isn't easy, to just keep taking things to the Lord no matter how much I'm tempted to worry and fret, about growing your marriage even if it seems like you are the only one working on it, sticking up for myself and so many other things. We ALWAYS have fun together. Some of my fave memories are of Candy, Liz and I out on a bargain hunt for kids clothes 2x a year....oh my goodness, the adventures we had! Also all the fun times we had while scrap booking together while the kids were home with the hubbies...LOL! Oh my, I'm about to get melancholy....Candy, I miss you so much that I physically ache sometimes...can't wait to see you this summer!!
Hugs and Smiles,
Kristy

1 comment:

The Ruoss Crew said...

I miss you too! That's why I don't call...it's too hard. I mean that. Love you so much and can't wait to see you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...