Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

No Pants April 2015: Kick off and Day 1


My fellow blogger and FB friend, Kiter has once again declared that it is NO PANTS APRIL! All that really means is that whenever you are out of the house during the month of April, you have to wear something besides pants on the lower half of your body. This can mean shorts, culottes, skirts, or dresses. Last year when I participated, I followed the NO-PANTS rule even when I was at home. I so enjoyed No Pants April 2014 that I decided to up my participation this year. So not only will I be adding accessories this year (don't get too excited, I really only mean earrings/bracelet/hair doodah or the like), but I even trotted off to the store and purchased some make up. I've been toying with the make up idea for a while, so I decided that NPA would be the perfect time to kick it off.
Anywho, I digress. The point of No Pants April is to get out of a clothing rut. And since my fashion rut could be be categorized as the Grand Canyon, I wanted to be more creative that just replacing my fave jeans with my fave long black skirt, which while functionally magnificent, leaves much to be desired in the fashion world. I do not intend to run out and purchase 30 new outfits, but I do want to be creative and climb of the fashion black hole I've been living in the last 20 years or so. ;) To that end, I'll be posting a picture of the outfit and my make up each day. Because nothing keeps the wheels of a project on like the threat of pending public humiliation. LOL!
Day 1 Outfit: Blue t-shirt, long blue/white/yellow printed skirt, and brown flats. 3 beaded bracelets and 2 sets of hematite/pearl earrings
Day 1 of No Pants April 2015
















Close up: "Full Face" of make up: BB Cream, eye shadow, liner, and mascara and a lip crayon.

I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeVille!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, you look great in that shade of blue!! and the skirt is pretty, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...