Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Screen Free Week 2018


 Screen Free Week cometh! Are you prepared? I am desperately wanting to do better than last year, but I'm also working hard to be reasonable. So, here's the plan. We are going to participate from Monday to Friday, but not the weekend. It's simply too frustrating to spend our entire weekend avoiding the LR because Hercules is not participating. Also, that's quite lonely for Dan if we are hiding from him all weekend. It's a bit convenient that DT's tablet is broken right now, so one less temptation, right? I actually found a good deal on a new Kindle Fire 10, so it's ordered and on it's way, but he won't get it until after SFW is over. The only screens we will be using this week will be educational screens such as our math curriculum, or our DuoLingo app for Spanish. I'll be checking my email and bank account, and using the screen at work, but my FB and Blog will both run silent after I post my final No Pants April photos on the 30th. We will fill the bulk of our 'extra time' with things like board games, hanging out with friends and listening to music. Here's a cute info-graphic with some ideas if you've no idea how to fill up an entire week without screens.
Best Wishes to us all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...