Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Catching up with us Meyer's: Spring 2018 Edition

It's always fun to catch up with friends, isn't it? I like to occasionally give everyone a quick overview of what's happening in our lives. Hopefully you'll enjoy reading this as much as I do writing it.
Spring 2018: Jan-April

The whole family: We are still a household of 4 although Pat is home less and less often and I"m guessing he will move out in the next 6 months, so it often feels like we're a family of three these days. Catching all of our local boys (including Nathan) to come share a meal with us is a bit of a scheduling miracle, but completely worth the effort. The laughter and love around the table is delightful. The car projects abound between Dan's Beast Truck, Dastroyah's multiple cycles, Datsun and Pathfinder, and PattyCakes' Civic. Dan and I have slowed considerably in the amount of shuffling children we do, and that frees our evenings to hang out more together. We often watch tv and just relax, but it's also nice to have time to go for ice cream, or play a board game, or even work in the yard together. Derek is keeping us young with his silly antics and is well on his way to becoming a teenager.

Dan/Hercules: Dan is currently unemployed after being finished with the job in Eunice late in January. However, per the usual, he's the busiest unemployed man I know. His current work list is longer than my arm, and he basically has to shut off his phone if he wants to take a break from helping people for the day. It's nice to have him home more often, that's for sure. He's considering putting his Beast Truck into a car show at our church next month.

Kristy/MamaK: I'm averaging 35 hours a week at Jodi's office and enjoying it. We just finished running Spring Break camps and summer is right around the corner. I accompanied Mom back to IL at the end of March and enjoyed a few days in IL for Easter and Caden snuggles. (I've completely lost my tolerance for cold wet weather, oops) I'm knee-deep in No Pants April shenanigans and loving it. I'm working on stretching my attention span this year by reading more and playing on my phone less. I'm honest enough to admit it's been a struggle. In other news, my roses are blooming like crazy and this brings me joy that I didn't know I had in me for roses.

Dastroyah: D prefers not to be talked about these days. Sad sushi. However, his puppy Datsun is adorable, he's successfully holding down two jobs and he recently got glasses. (I think that's all generic enough info that I can say those things.)

PattyCakes: P is growing out his hair as he and Nathan plan to shave their heads this summer and he wants it to be dramatic. Rumors of new tattoos abound. He is still working at the church and the gym, but is looking for something full-time in the car/mechanical industry. He's spending his spare time and good amounts of money upgrading his car. It's coming along nicely. New tires and rims are the most recent addition.

Slick: DT is fully embracing his near teenager-hood and is letting us all enjoy the full range of emotions that come along with that special time in life. LOL! He's doing really well in school this year and is excited that the school year is about to wrap up. He's quite disappointed that the trampoline recently acquired a large hole so now he's filling his afternoons with riding bikes, pogo sticking, and imaginary sword-fighting in the backyard...and playing his tablet as often as I'll allow.

'Shua, Lauren and Caden: The Bean Bunch is wishing spring would come to IL, as at the time of this writing there is 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground and more falling as I type. 'Shua and Lauren are house hunting, and in a bidding war over a house in Lindenhurst, while Caden is considering taking his first unassisted steps. He's just been diagnosed with his 4th ear infection and between that and cutting a tooth, he's a grumpy bear. However, overall things are good with them and they are excited about the prospect of soon owning their own home.

Ricky and Judah: Ricky, too, is contemplating purchasing a home, and even has a bid in on one, but is awaiting the inspections before moving forward. Judah turned 2 on March 31 and looks so grown up these days. None of us have seen him in months except through pics on FB since Ricky and Victoria can't agree on a visitation schedule. Hopefully that will soon be resolved and we will have him with us again. Ricky is working for the United States Postal Service these days and is enjoying the job.

I suppose that's all the news for this spring. Hopefully this finds you well, enjoying beautiful weather and creating precious memories. Please feel free to comment with what's new in your life.
     Kristy and the Man Crew

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...