Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

It's the Little Things


I've discovered as I make this journey through life, that it's not the HUGE things that make or break your day, week, month or LIFE....it's the little things. So in celebration of those little things, list a few things that made your day, week, month or LIFE sweeter or brighter.
  • It's an hour long chat with my sweet 'Shua while he drives home from work that gets me caught up on all the new things in their life.
  • It's a work week vacation! I vacation during the day while Dan works and then we get to spend the evenings together uninterrupted while we enjoy a hotel stay.
  • It's The BIGS being willing and able to care for the littlest MeYeR while Dan and I enjoy our work week vacation.
  • It's being completely caught up on laundry AND dishes at the same time, even it only lasts 5 minutes. LOL
  • It's being able to leave grocery money for the boys to use, and knowing they know how to buy and prepare decent meals.  
  • It's catching up on my reading goals for the year. 
  • It's working in my planner and realizing that I'm having success in nearly every area of my goal list, even if there is still plenty of room for improvement.
  • It's a new job that brings less stress and allows for more family time.
  • It's making fun summer plans with friends.
  • It's sleepovers for your child's friend that is moving away.
  • It's pizza and movies together on a Sunday evening. 
I like the idea of this type of post. If you do too, post a few of YOUR little things. I'm making it a goal to be more positive this year...join me!
~K~

A clean and beautiful hotel room, Food Network on the TV, and my bare feet up and relaxing.


PS. Looking over this list, several of them are actually BIG things. 
  • My grown son calls me every week or so to keep me updated about his life. That makes me so happy!
  • It's a small getaway that we need and can afford. 
  • Intentionally spending time as a couple so that when the children are grown and gone we will still have a relationship to take us into the golden years together.
  • It's having raised children that have become responsible, capable, amazing young men.
  • It's making wise job choices that bring more important things to our life than just money.
  • It's making memories with our children.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

So true. You are right. Lots of those "little things" are actually pretty huge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...