Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, June 10, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook~ June 10, 2013



FOR TODAY:
June 10, 2013

Outside my window...
the library lingers close by with shelves and shelves of knowledge, far away places and fun stories. Outside the library, the sun is high in the sky with soaring temps to match. 100*+

I am thinking...
that the boys across the hall don't understand what 'library voices' mean. Oops. :)

I am thankful...
that Hercules rejoined the workforce again today after 3 months of unemployment.

In the kitchen...
are cabinets full of tasty ingredients for me to turn into healthful meals to feed hungry bellies. The Lord stretched my grocery dollars this week, that's for sure.

I am wearing...
jeans, a green floral tee, my running shoes (that I never run in) and my hair is pinned up today.

I am creating...
virtual photo albums on FB, this blog and a restful haven for when The Man gets home tonight.

I am going...
to pick up DT from camp, return James to his mother, pick up a few items from a friend, home, to take D to gym, back to pick him up and to bed after last night's nearly sleepless night. (wow, good thing I am "off" this week or I'd never get that all finished :)

I am wondering...
why it's been so long since I did one of these posts. I love them!

I am reading...
Nehemiah, other blogs, a book about relaxing (ha, I'll never learn) and Calvin and Hobbes to DT each night before bed.

I am hoping...
that Hercules enjoys his new job and that the long days don't exhaust him.

I am looking forward to...
catching up on some bills that we've been putting off, making the house truly our own, and doing the annual clothes shopping with the BIGS soon.

I am learning...
that I may never have it all together, and I don't like admitting that. I am also learning that it is ok to just be me. And that's a good thing!

Around the house...
laundry and dishes are waiting patiently to be finished, school books lay dormant while we enjoy this week off, and the back yard seriously needs some attention. But after my toss/toss/toss of May, it's not too clutter-ific anymore.

I am pondering...
how long the BIGS will be chatting about youth camp. It's been so great to hear them so fired up about the things of God.

A favorite quote for today...
by David, upon returning home from camp, "Mom, that was the best thing you've ever made me do."  *grins*

One of my favorite things...
having enough time to blog and post pics on my seriously behind FB page. Especially to do so in the same day!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Relaxing, batch cooking, cleaning, reading, blogging, hanging out with the boys, organizing a few things and preparing to head back to work next week.



A peek into my day...

 

Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the everyday moments. www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com Check it out!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...