Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's the Little Things

I've discovered as I make this journey through life that it's not the huge things that make or break your day, week, month or life. It's the little things. So in honor of the little things, list a few with me that made your day, week, month or life brighter or sweeter. 
  • It's digging through old pictures and enjoying the memories all over again.
  • It's sharing those pictures (and often random thoughts) with you here so we can ALL enjoy them over and over.
  • It's having boys big enough to leave one at home in charge of catching up on laundry and getting dinner ready so I can have an hour or two of quiet at the library.
  • It's having teenagers that still like to hang out with their little cousins, and even purchasing *kiddy* trading cards so they can play games together.
  • It's spending an hour doing a task that you've been putting off for far too long, and then being able to stand back and enjoy the results. 
  • It's a linen closet full of line dried sheets and towels.
  • It's knowing that you have 5 more minutes to sleep when the first alarm goes off.
I like the idea of this style of post. If you like it too, add your little things! I'm making it a goal to focus on the positive this year...Join me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...