Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today: November 12, 2016

Looking out my window: It is dark now, courtesy of last week's time change, but I don't mind. The moon is nearly full and the sky is cloudless so I can see it clearly. Lovely.
I am thinking: That the sound of my youngest son and hunky dunky hubby laughing over silly video clips is a wonderful sound in the mostly quiet house.
I am thankful: For an evening to rest and recuperate before another busy day dawns bright and clear.

One of my favorite things: Autumn's cooler weather and an excuse to pull out my long neglected favorite mug for some orange and spice tea.
I am creating: happy memories

I am wearing: jeans and my Mama K Gym Magic t-shirt

I am reading/watching/listening to: Confessions of a Prayer Slacker, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and my new Pandora Station based on Pentatonix

I am hoping: that this week is less hectic than the last few have been.
I am learning: that small bits of time, carefully used, can lead to great things. It's easy to overlook that in hustle and bustle of life.
In my kitchen: Meal Plans courtesy of Life As Mom (found here: http://lifeasmom.com/free-printable-meal-plans-grocery-lists)
In the school room: Reading Eggs, cooking, board games and spelling lists were all that happened this week. But, it's enough.
In my garden: nothing much, but I'm delighted that Dan ran out into the hailstorm of last week to rescue my pineapple plant and my ficus tree that were enjoying the last of the sunshine for the day.
Post Script: Life can be hard, and messy, and difficult. But it can also be sweet, and deep, and immeasurably wonderful. Don't let the scary parts keep you from enjoying the good stuff. 
Shared Quote: Government is not a solution to our problem government is the problem.”
Ronald Reagan
A timely quote after this week's election.

If you enjoyed this post and would like to read others like it, head on over to Miss Peggy's Site, called www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com Would love to see you there :)

3 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I enjoyed catching a glimpse of your life here on Simple Woman's Daybook. Thank you for sharing.

Now, here's wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places ... Brenda :)

Bol Tv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LA Nickers said...


I've been looking for some new Pandora channels, and I forgot to look for Pentatonix. That'd be a nice one for background music at home. Not sure I can run to it, though. (Need high-energy to get me up those hills!) ;-)

Lovely blog. Visiting from SWDB.
My SW Daybook – December 2016 edition

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...