Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November Thankfulness: Day 8

I love Autumn!
I'm working on Gratitude this month. Seems reasonable with Thanksgiving just around the corner. (Where did this year go?) I want to post a little something each day that I'm enjoying right now.

Day 8: 
     I'm grateful for meal plans and Crock Pots. They plain old save the day when life is hectic and dinner is the last thing on my mind. Tonight's beauty? Red beans and rice with smoked sausage. The recipe is below. You're welcome ;)


Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage:
~1 quart stock (chicken, pork or veggie)
~1 "loop" of smoked sausage chopped or diced
~1 large can of ranch style beans
~1 cup brown rice

Instructions:
 Chop or Dice sausage and place in crock. Add ranch beans and stock, stir to combine. Turn on high and cook for 1 hour, stir in rice and continue cooking for another 3 hours.
Dinner is done!
*You can also put the rice in at the same time if you won't be home to add it later. The rice will be softer, but still delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...