Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


Ah, Mother's Day! A day to relax, not cook, put your feet up and be pampered all day by your adoring children and grateful hubby....right?? Don't forget the breakfast in bed and gifts of flowers and chocolate. Well, maybe on the Lifetime Movie Network, but not here...LOL! Not that those things aren't great, but Mother's Day at the MeYeR house is much like any other. There is laundry to be done, dishes to wash, mouths to feed, boys to wrangle and a new week to prepare for. Dan's family never really celebrated Mother's Day and so when I became a mother, I had to adjust my expectations about it. So, we call our moms, we send a card or flowers, but we don't make a huge fuss over, we just do what we normally do. This year, however...Dan took us out for an impromptu brunch, 'Shua brought me flowers, the boys were great laundry helpers, and Dan fixed the vacuum. And we logged another chapter in the Mouse Wars battle, too! Not a bad day, all in all. I found this blog post that sums up a good portion of how I feel about motherhood, so check it out! Happy belated Mother's day to all my dear Mama friends!! And for my mom...read THIS old post : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...