Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's the Little Things


I've discovered as I make this journey through life that it's not the HUGE things that make or break your day, week, month or LIFE....it's the little things. In celebration of those little things, list a few things that made your day, week, month or LIFE sweeter or brighter.


  • Dolli was here for 2 full weeks with her daughter Ryan. Both are rays of sunshine that light up any room just by being there, so 2 weeks of them was quite a treat!

  • I think we are all well again. We've been passing around a cold for quite a while now and it's a relief to be on the mend, and feel capable of putting a full meal on the table, teaching a quality day of school and cleaning the pigsty that my home has become while I was sick and/or tending to the sick.

  • My father has officially handed in his letter of resignation to the church where he has been custodian for 21 years. It's a mixed feeling knowing that he really isn't capable of doing the work anymore and that he NEEDS to retire and yet feeling like he can't be THAT old, right?? On the upside, they will have LOTS more time to come and stay with us now and we are really looking forward to that!

  • I continue to be tickled pink by Skype. Karen and I had coffee 'with' mom this week, the cousins have had a ball visiting back and forth and we've even had a chat with Dan's mom.

  • Mother's Day is coming up, and it's nice to take a moment to think about our mothers and how blessed we all are! In my case...my mom rocks! I've had moments when I was so humbled that she didn't kill me as a child, that I've called and apologized for the child I once was. Yikes! But in her gentle way, she just shrugged it off and said it wasn't that hard. Yeah, right...but I'll take a compliment where I can get one!

  • Game night continues to be a hit. In fact, it's such a hit with Derek that I cannot get him to say Friday. It's 'Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Game Night, Saturday, Sunday.' HA! Almost every day, he wakes up and asks me if it's game night yet. : ) The crowd continues to grow...we are blessed to have so many to call friend.

I like the idea of this kind of post. If you do too, add a few of YOUR little things. I'm making it a goal to be more positive this year, join me!


~K~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have a lot of great little-things!



I can't get into Skype-ing. Sometimes the boys skype with their Mimi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...