Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, October 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today...October 26, 2009

Outside my window...it is pitch black and silent since it's only 4:30 AM...Dan has just left for a week away at work and I'm heading back to bed as soon as this is done.

I am thinking...that I need to get back into the habit of rising early again, but not today ; )

I am thankful for...parents that let us each become our own person while keeping us within a set of boundaries.

From the learning rooms...ABeka lessons 7-15 this week ( we are doubling up after getting a late start) and hopefully our "My Father's World" will arrive this week and we can get started on that as well.

From the kitchen...Jodi is cooking this week so I am looking forward to a week off of kitchen duty and a week of comfort foods and sweets. My 'diet' will be out the window, but I'm ok with that...LOL

I am wearing...My nightgown since I'm heading back to bed really soon!

I am creating...an organized new schedule...between David's new gymnastics routines, trying to squeeze school into 4 days a week and several other changes, it's just time for a complete overhaul.

I am going...crazy...one day at a time...LOL! Actually, to the gym with David, hopefully to the health food store and possibly the library today.

I am reading...Robinson Crusoe, The Moon By Night, and my daily B.R.A.G. devotions

I am hoping...that David does well at gymnastics and decides to to start competing as I think it would be good for his fragile ego.

I am hearing...the rooster next door crowing...he can't seem to tell time! The dogs finishing their breakfasts...and other than that...NOTHING! Hurray!

A few plans for the rest of the week...the gym 3 times with D, working 1 night, game night, running errands with Lauren on Friday, and I'm sure something else will come up! Mostly, I want to get school on track and make sure our new schedule will work out.

Around the house...it's not too bad...just the usual dishes, laundry and a bathroom to clean. Last week, all the boys wardrobes got switched to fall/winter stuff, and we passed on the 'too smalls' I need to mend a few things and then that project will be complete.

One of my favorite things...crock pot meals so that there is no last minute rush to get dinner on the table if school runs long.

A picture thought I am sharing with you...'Shua turned 21 this week. My, how the time does fly! He and his wife invited us for cake and ice cream and here is picture of that gathering.



The Simple Woman says, "Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of 'everyday moments'

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for reading Madeleine L'Engle! She is my favorite author, ever, and the Austins series is one of my favorites of hers. Have you read much else that she's written? I think her books are amazing for early teenagers, b/c she's not afraid to ask hard questions.

Lainie said...

So excited to hear about My Father's World! What year are you doing?

And yes I'm with you about wanting to get back into the habit of rising early. I have been very inconsistent. Too much going to bed late :/

Have a great week!

dtbrents said...

How wonderful to turn 21. I think I had three children when I was 21. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...