Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today...October 19, 2009 (WOW, already??)
Outside my window...it is sunny and bright...another gorgeous day in the desert of NM
I am thinking...that Mondays are great! I know, I'm sick in the head, I've often been told so ; )
I am thankful for...a Daughter in love that offers me her friendship, her trust and her confidences...it's a glorious thing!
From the learning rooms...just getting off the ground today, AGAIN, a few math worksheets, an hour of reading and a few thank you notes.
From the kitchen...Bread is baked and cooling on the counter, leftovers got eaten up at lunchtime, leaving the fridge ready for this week's goodies.
  • Monday~ Split pea soup and fresh bread
  • Tuesday~ Chicken breasts, Rice and salad
  • Wednesday~Breakfast for dinner...scrambled eggs, fried ham and biscuits
  • Thursday~Mac and cheese with smoked sausage
  • Friday~Pizza with the gang
  • Saturday~White beans and ham
  • Sunday~Lasagna with fresh garlic bread and salad

I am wearing...A green knit jumper, a gray t-shirt, short socks and polka dot tennies
I am creating...a place to call home....one not to be embarrassed of, one to recover in after a long day out in the world, and one to bring friends, family and strangers that soon will be called friends to.
I am going...nowhere except for work this week...hurray!
I am reading...a daily Proverb, school books with the boys and my lesson plans!
I am hoping...that this school year is one we can look back on with pride and fondness.
I am hearing...Aaron play football on the PS2 and not much else...it's pretty loud...ugh
Around the house...the floors need some attention, some clothes needs folded and I've GOT to get to the bathroom, it's beginning to get scary. 2 men and 5 boys...enough said!
One of my favorite things...Monday after a sweet family filled weekend! Spirits are joyful, hearts are happy and bodies are refreshed...it's a thing of beauty !
A few plans for the rest of the week...not much, just school, work and keeping the house tidy.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing... for those that have been waiting, a wedding picture from the Big Trip!

'Shua and Lauren~ Sept 26, 2009

This post is in response to the call to simplicity. If you liked this post, check out Miss Peggy's Site at www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com ENJOY!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Kristy, thanks for stopping by today! I enjoyed reading your daybook as well, your menu sounds delicious. I also related to your "I am creating" thought...I'm always in pursuit of having a home that's clean enough to have people over to! :) Have a great week!

Amber said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook! Pretty picture!
~*~*~
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
~*~*~
HAPPY FALL!!!!
Amber

elm said...

I am smelling the freshly baked bread all the way from up here in Oregon!! I must REALLY be driven by my belly!!

I made progress... I posted on my daybook that I am "planning" to make a menu for the week! Tonight I am off the hook, as Pops is bringing home take-out!! Planned this morning, so that I had plenty of time to "plan" what to order!! Heee heee... and asked each kiddo what they would like - they think it is pretty neat-o that their dad is offering something so fun like this! and... it gives me the reprieve of having the time to plan for the week!

I used to plan better - and we always had homemade pizza for dinner on Fridays. Now, I think that I would be voted as "worst" mom if I did that! For some reason, my kids don't like pizza - not much anyway. They will almost ALWAYS skip the pizza offering for some other meat and potatoes/noodles version of a meal. Strange kids!! :) I love pizza and don't remember a time in my life that I didn't love it!

Snuffygirl5 said...

I loved your daybook- it seemed filled with joy! Lovely wedding photo.

One More Equals Four said...

Okay, first things first...BEAUTIFUL wedding picture!

Second, home baked bread, mmmmmmm. I remember when I used to do that....

And making your home a nice place to come home to. Oh, that is my desire! We didn't get as much done as I would have liked today, but all the closets have been cleaned out and I have BAGS of stuff for good will. Dancer has tried on everything and we are totally done with her room. Tomorrow we must switch/try clothes in the boys' closet and tend to their bookshelf!

If I can get those things accomplished I will be thrilled, hopefully the rest of my organization will fall into place the rest of the week!

Enjoy staying home-aaaaah!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That's a great picture, and how wonderful that you have such a great relationship with your "daughter in love".

Mmmmm, fresh bread... if you weren't so far away I'd be on my way over :0)

Julie

dtbrents said...

The wedding picture is beautiful. I have three daughters and one son. They are grown now. I have wonderful grands. You write beautifully. I enjoyed your daybook. Your menu sounds yummy. Doylene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...