- Derek has a bladder approximately the size of a large thimble and could be counted on every 45 minutes (give or take 3) to demand the need for a potty break...right NOW!
- David is a great traveller....doesn't complain, helps Derek stay entertained and plays quietly in the back...hurray!
- Each state we went through seemed to get exponentially larger...Texas looks like it will take about an hour to cross, but in reality takes 3 days longer than eternity...LOL
- Oklahoma is the worst state to drive across....ever! It doesn't have asphalt highways...it has concrete block roads! So, remember if you can, riding your big wheel down a sidewalk....ca-chunk, ca-chunk, ca-chunk.....for HUNDREDS of MILES...and for this pleasure, I got the privilege of paying 16 dollars! Yeah ME!
- Missouri takes a really long time because every SINGLE mile of highway is under construction. I'm sure this is a great thing in the long run, but since I just wanted to get across right then....not so much.
- Derek slept in on Tuesday morning...until 10 AM, something he's pretty much NEVER done in his whole life, so that's why we didn't make it in to town on Tuesday, but that was OK with me...he must have needed the rest. I'm sure it helped him be a bit more pleasant for the rest of the trip.
- Did I mention Derek needing to pee every 45 minutes...I'm sure I did, but it does bear repeating.
- No matter how many games, toys and educational activities you bring along...you always forget something that the kids deem really important.
- Along the same lines, no matter how many snacks, drinks and treats you bring, you find yourself buying JUNK at inflated convenience store prices....highway robbery at it's finest.
- Whoever invented the portable DVD player is a genius and should be given a medal of some kind...seriously!
- I discovered that having a semi pass me at 85 plus in the dark on an unlit, under construction, unmarked highway makes me want to cry for Hercules and pee my pants...I've become such a baby!
- Getting there is NOT half the fun...whoever said that is a LIAR and if I ever catch up with him in a dark alley, he MIGHT live long enough to be sorry he said it...LOL
The Largest Cross in the Western Hemisphere...in TX, of course!!
Horton Hears a Who...for the 3rd time....can I get earplugs, please?
The truth is that the first two days, although LONG....were quite pleasant. The boys did great at getting along, I didn't get lost, I didn't lose my temper or my mind and things went along swimmingly. Friends and family alike were praying for our safe travel and it was great! Thanks for reading about our BIG trip~
Kristy and the Man Crew