Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, January 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY...January 5, 2009...when did THAT happen?!?


Outside my window...it is crisp and clear, no breeze is blowing and I THINK we almost had a frost last night...LOL!


I am thinking...that new Year's resolutions should wait until February...Jan 1st is too soon after the holidays, no one has any energy left


I am thankful for...peace and quiet and no visitors (as much as I love them!) and a return to my "normal' life


From the learning rooms...we are getting started again. Hurray for a schedule...but still no printer, so no worksheets today. We are also starting a 4 full days and a 1/2 day schedule to allow more time for life lessons


From the kitchen...I think I found my counters last night... I haven't seen them in weeks due to the Christmas goodies everywhere. I am going to be making Roast chicken with mashed potatoes and salad for dinner...anyone coming over?


I am wearing...Clean, unstained, unholy clothes...and I'm not even going anywhere! One of my many goals is to NOT look like I've been run over by the garbage truck when Dan comes home each day...LOL!


I am creating...a slimmer, more healthful me for the new year as part of my multi-faceted new year's goal plan...and leftover Christmas projects...oh well, some day I may catch up with myself


I am going...no where at least for today...and I'm grateful for that


I am reading...the Bible, A Woman After God's Own Heart, (yes, again, I'm rather hard headed) and many kiddie books with the boys...and I'm looking for the 3 cousin's detective books, anyone know where to find them??


I am hoping...to meet or exceed at least 1/2 of my goals for the year....I accomplished about 80% last year, not a bad percentage I think


I am hearing...David read to the little ones, Titus babbling in his jumperoo and Pat making silly growling noises to make him laugh....plus the dishwasher, clothes washer and the furnace keeping us warm


Around the house...Christmas is put away, the house is picked up and ready to be cleaned, just got to get to it. This week will bring filing cabinets out of retirement, kitchen cabinets reorganized, and a sorted pantry...as Jodi brought about 700 dollars worth of dry goods in the truck that got here a few days ago...Praise the LORD


One of my favorite things...a full pantry, meals planned out and a few hours to browse the health foods store. Also, a lit of goals to be working on...I love new ideas to try out


A few plans for the rest of the week: Just getting the ball rolling again. Trying to get school on track again, the house back in order and to make more efficient use of my time. I DON'T wish for more hours to fill up, just a better way to use the time I have.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...Family Togetherness...this is my Father Larry, my oldest half sister Karen, my niece Dolli and my great niece Ryan Elizabeth...so cute...Awwww~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...