Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY January 26, 2009...

Outside my window...birds are chirping, dogs are barking and the sun is shining with a furious brightness.

I am thinking...that Home is the best place ever!

I am thankful for...babies, big boys and hunky hubby!

From the learning rooms...we are starting a new lapbook about inventions...how great is that? History AND science in one!! We are enjoying our read-aloud book called "Masterpiece" and fractions are getting the best of some of us.

From the kitchen...whole wheat bread is baking and tempting me with it's delightful aroma and bean soup is bubbling away on the back burner.

I am wearing...khaki capris and a sage and khaki speckled shirt that has too much Lycra for my taste.

I am creating...mended shirts, full tummies, a home to enjoy, a healthy mommy, happy hearts and boys that will become Men that follow God.

I am going...to stay home most of the week and have a coffee hour with Karen on Friday..so looking forward to that!

I am reading...the New Testament in 90 days with Dan and he is asking me to read each night before bed...WooHoo!

I am hoping...that we are scheduled to have out taxes done soon...got big plans with that 'extra' money!

I am hearing...James read about trains, the UPS truck drive by with Shadow barking at it, Titus' jumparoo rattling as he bounces happily and Mickey Mouse clubhouse...I'm allowing Derek to watch since he isn't feeling well today.

Around the house...much to clean, and a veritable MOUNTAIN of laundry to fold...I managed to get it clean, but keep putting off folding it so now it's taken my king sized bed hostage...BAD LAUNDRY!! ; )

One of my favorite things...doing this each week! It's 15 whole minutes of just me time and I look forward to it each week.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Getting into the habit of baking all of out bread, finally found a recipe that hubby approves, Getting a full week of school done, working out at LEAST 5 times, losing another 2 pounds or so, and making nutritious meals all week long.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This is Tyler and Patrick (whom normally DON'T get along) this was taken at Pat's b-day party last week...they were reading Pat's new encyclopedia about big cats...so sweet!

For more posts about the simple life and enjoying life at home, visit Peggy's site Here or click on the photo at the top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...