Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Stay-cation day 12: July 9, 2014

Stay-cation day 12: It's Wednesday and while the B-Bunch are out of town, that doesn't even slow down my insanity on this middl-est of middle day of the week. Well, maybe a little. Between taking D to work, picking him back up, taking him back again, fussing over what/when/where in regards to dinner, washing windows at the gym, gathering the right kiddos at the right time in order to arrive at youth group in a timely fashion, trying to get dinner on the table for Hercules, pretending to have time to clean SOMETHING/ANYTHING at my house, and then heading back to pick up the BIGS after open gym at Zero Gravity, it's all I can do to summon the strength to crawl to bed. And since the B-Bunch is gone, I made 4 trips back and forth to their house to care for critters. And that's without them in town. I must rethink Wednesdays. I must. I think it's safe to say no relaxing was done today. LOL! I can't even remember if I took a picture today. Let me see...
Oh yes, Kelly sent me a photo to remind me of my childhood nickname of Snicklefritz, which apparently means troublemaker. Ahem, I have no idea what she is talking about. Ahem again.

*I'm on vacay from work for the next 2 weeks while BossMan and the rest of the B-Bunch travel for school reunions, to visit family and to take a break from the hectic schedule they normally enjoy. I'll be taking care of the house and critters in their absence and intend to remember how to relax a bit along the way. Join me :)

1 comment:

The Man Crew said...

UPDATE: I stopped washing windows at the gym on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It's a small step, OK a VERY small step, but that is 2 hours of my life I have back at my disposal. It's a start. I'll take it. It's been lovely to sit and watch A take gymnastics while hanging out with DT and chatting with other mamas instead of working like crazy while shushing DT and hoping I look *busy enough* to the boss. This may lead to other changes in the near future, but for now, I'm enjoying this one.
~K~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...