Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Screen Free 2018 Wrap Up

We made it! We did it! We survived! Wooty Woot Woot! DT thought for sure on a few occassions that we was about to die, but we pulled through and lived to tell the tale.


This year was a much bigger success than last year for sure! With school still being in session and being at work with Mr. T each day, the days were pretty filled. Mr. T was playing along with SFW during the time DT and I were at the office each day so that made it more bearable for them both. Legos were played, robots were built, much handwritten 'mail' went back and forth...and we played every board game ever created...at least 3 times. LOL! Lego Club at work, Community Group, Game Day at work followed by Game Night at home helped fill some of the gaps. We had one faux pas. On Wednesday when I went to have dinner with Karen, I knew Daddy would let DT watch TV, so before I left, I said he could only watch educational movies, so he pulled out his Magic School Bus boxed set and started working his way through those. I am using a screen often enough at work these days that I was glad to not have a screen in my face all evening as well, although I did miss FB. I probably checked my email more often than normal, but not a large amount. I did read a book, play all the games, have time to cook better meals and be more prepared for Community Group and Game Night because I wasn't distracted by my phone. I'm calling SFW a huge win for this year.
How did you fare?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...