Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

I’m THAT Mama...

     So, it turns out that I’ve become THAT mama...the one that just says whatever comes to mind. Despite my mother’s years of faithful training in the delicate arts of being a real lady, I’ve lived with all these men for far too long to believe that men are capable of picking up subtle hints. And so, I am learning to speak up for things that are important to me. 
     Case in point: last night The BIGS asked what I wanted for Mother’s Day and I appropriately said they didn’t need to get me anything. Cue them rolling their eyes. They asked if I wanted to go out to lunch or if I wanted chocolate or flowers or whatever...and I kept saying that I didn’t need that to feel loved or appreciated on Mother’s Day. Upon further reflection though, I decided I DID want something from them, and so I just sent out this text. “I changed my mind. I know what I want for Mother’s Day. I want to play board games all afternoon with the tv off, and to make pizza and watch a movie together in the evening, with no one using other technology devices. 😁 What are the chances of that happening? Talk to the brothers and let me know if I should have pizza ingredients on hand. Yes, Alex and Nathan count as brothers, but don’t get them in trouble with their bio mamas. Love, Mama K” 

     Oh goodness, I have NOT waited until I am 70+ to just blurt out whatever I want to say. Oops! And well, NOT oops. People are not mind readers. Isn’t it kinder to let people know what you want from them, expect them to do, etc. instead of letting them guess? Anywho, I’ll keep you all posted on how Mother’s Day goes. Traditionally at The Man Crew House, Mother’s Day is just another day, but now that The BIGS are old enough, they are taking on the challenge of honoring me for themselves. I’m not going to say I don’t love it, because I do. Hopefully someday, little brother will pick up the banner. And when he does, I’ll be right there, telling him exactly what I want, because a real lady doesn’t leave a man guessing. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...