Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, May 21, 2018

It's The Little Things: Day 141

 
I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  • It's a week FULL of activities, all of them good. 
  • It's trying out my new MoviePass for the first time. 'Free' movie, plus I like to go to the flickers alone. It's a little time just for me. 
  • It's sleeping in until almost 11am (completely unprecedented for me) after a super late and tons of fun Game Night on Friday. 
  • It's helping a friend, mostly by keeping her company, while she packs for a move.
  • It's Taco Tuesday with friends new and old. Amy and Jimmy are in town to visit Johnny and it was great to catch up.
  • It's celebratory ice cream with Ricky and Judah on Wednesday to shout hooray for sleepovers again.
  • It's Nathan graduating!! Class of 2018, baby! 
  • It's ending up at the cool kids table at the grad party on Friday. Dan and I sat down, and Nathan and the boys all came to eat with us and boom. For a few brief moments in time we were cool again. 
  • It's a lovely visit with my Sister-Girl Karen, it's nice to be in the groove again. 
  • It's a beautiful new glass container to brew my kombucha. Dan REALLY is enjoying having it around all the time. 
  • It's starting a new study with our community group and everyone was participating.
  • It's a BBQ with friends on Sunday to celebrate Naomi's 75th birthday, and winning the party games. 
  • It's knowing that there are only FOUR days left of school. I think I'm as excited as the boys. 
  • It's a fun video chat with 'Shua, Lauren and Caden. He wasn't sitting still for me to read to him tonight, but he was scampering about and chattering away like a little chipmunk. He tried to say "Love you" to me tonight. *melting* I love that naughty little Punk. 
  • It's the hubster saying that I don't need to cook tonight and we will just eat leftovers and that is one less thing for me to do. Yes, please. 
  • It's keeping the dishes COMPLETELY finished and making sure the counters are clean every night before I go to bed. Waking up to a clean kitchen is the best. 
  • It's creeping ever closer to my #HotMess challenge goal of creating a scrap-booking counter for myself in the SOC room. I actually cleared some counter tonight. 
  • It's waking up early on a Monday morning to have time to complete several chores and still have time to be ready to head into work and get the week started right.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...