Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, May 13, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 134 ~Mother's Day Edition~

 
 I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?

  • It's the best Mother's Day ever! Thanks Man Crew!
  • It's Dastroyah coming over early in the morning to make us ALL breakfast.
  • It's a few hours of peace and quiet all to my happy little self while the men went off-roading.
  • It's a lovely chat with my mom while we were both enjoying some peace and quiet. 
  • It's board games and laughter...and perhaps a little shouting and gloating ;)
  • It's everyone helping to get the pizza made so we can watch movies together. 
  • It's taking a peek on FB and sending other mamas blessings. 
  • It's delicious pizza and funny movies. Oceans 11 and 12 were watched and enjoyed. 
  • It's feeling SO proud of my gentlemen savages. Not only did they pick up the Mother's Day traditions on their own (Dan's family doesn't celebrate it and I felt selfish teaching the boys to celebrate me when they were littles), but they asked me what I wanted and then they delivered. Their wives will be blessed someday by these skills. 
  • It's a text session with some of my best mama friends where we spoke words of blessing to one another.
  • It's being blessed by the young men my once very small boys have become. My active parenting years are coming to a close in a few short years, but then I'll have decades to enjoy the fruit of my labors. 
 

What's on YOUR little things list today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...