Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today~ November 13, 2011
Outside my window...
it is overcast as cool. 60* is our high for today. Yes, I know some of you have snow already. Just keep in mind that when it's 70 at your house, it will be 110* at mine. Cool is relative : )
I am thinking...that it has been WAY too long since I took part in this great post on a regular basis.
I am thankful...that we get to enjoy EXTRA family for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. SO excited about that!
From the learning rooms...we are wrapping up our curriculum studies at the end of this week and will be enjoying 'homeschool lite' until after the New Year. My hours are just too long and too late for this season to *teach* in the traditional sense, so we read, watch educational videos, play games, make gifts and crafts, and just enjoy the season together.
From the kitchen...potato soup simmers in the crock pot for dinner tonight. Hot tea is cooling on the counter and chicken is thawing in the fridge for something tasty later on this week.
I am wearing...brown knit capris, a coral t shirt, ankle socks and tennies. Hair is double french braided, I can't get over how quickly it's growing back out.
I am creating...secrets for Christmas, a clean house and a completed "Fall Into Reading' List
I am going...nowhere for at least 24 hours. HURRAY!
I am wondering...why bad things happen to good people. I know it's the age-old question, but sometimes it gets me down. I don't know HOW people manage to keep their spirits up when they don't know the Lord and how good He is.
I am reading...a huge list of books, but mostly, How To Be More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, curriculum books, blogs about green living, sewing and organization. Also Thanksgiving lists, meal plans and recipes. Mmmmmmmmmm
I am hoping...to try a few new recipes this week. Mostly, pumpkin goodies. Like pumpkin spice lattes, scones and whoopie pies. Also a new recipe or two before sharing at the Thanksgiving table.
I am looking forward to...the holidays, a visit from long awaited company, and a break from school.
I am hearing...Transformers 3 and little boys giggling and wrestling together. (kinda wish I could still hear Amy Grant singing the hymns, shhhh, don't tell!)
Around the house...we are getting ready for a new week to begin with a fresh, clean house. SO< to that end,

  • Dishes
  • Laundry
  • LR tidied and vac'd
  • Bathrooms swished and swiped
  • Bedrooms picked up and tidy

I am pondering... more Christmas gifts, some extra cleaning projects from "31 Days to Clean: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" and how rapidly my boys are growing up right in front of my eyes.
One of my favorite things...autumn
A few plans for the rest of the week...a full week of school before the break, extra sleep whenever I can squeeze it in, tutoring, coffee with Karen and menu planning for the next few weeks.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Now THAT's what a Saturday afternoon should look like : ) Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back on Daybook! I've wondered how you were doing. Welcome back! If you figure out how to make a good pumpkin spice latte, let me know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...