Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Into Reading Question #7


Is there a book that has had a tremendous impact on your life? One that made you look at life in a whole new way, or caused you to completely change something in your life?
Oh my, so many choices! As a Christian, I would say first off the Bible has completely changed my life. The wisdom, love and grace in those pages offers it's gifts to all who would read it. Aside from the Bible, books by Elizabeth George have caused me to change some of my thinking patterns and actions towards my husband and family. Books that make me laugh, either in general or at myself are always great. It's important to encourage your sense of humor, it helps deal with the 'bumps' that life brings your way. Life Made from Scratch made me want to become a Homesteader, which would be a rather LARGE change for us. But baby steps can take you where you want to go : )
**Bonus Question: How is your Fall Into Reading coming along? Are you on track? Ahead of schedule? Falling behind?**
Hmmm, not really sure. I haven't looked at my actual list in a while. Let's see if I can find it quickly. Oh good. Here is my list, in no particular order : )
DONE~My Father's World curriculum books. I know that required reading, but it
still needs to get done, so I might as well make it more fun, right?? Included
with that, I'll be reading the recommended books that come along with Pat's
lesson plans. *the total of these books will be counted as 5*
Not Yet~I bought a large box of books off of eBay to compliment our History of the
World book 1. There are about 20 in there, however, most of them are less than
5th grade reading level, so I can probably polish them off in just a few hours,
so I'm only counting them as one. ; )
DONE~I won a gift package that had 2 magazines in it, called Ladies Journal (Not
to be confused with Ladies HOME Journal) and Where Women Cook. Can't wait to dig
into those!
DONE~Also in the package were 2 books called More Than A Good Bible Study Girl
(looks great) and Made From Scratch which is about homesteading. : )
The Debt
CURRENT~World Magazine to keep up with current events with the BIGS for school. Love
this magazine, keeps us up to date on everything happening in the world, and
with a Christian worldview~ LOVE IT
A few Christmas books, like A Christmas Carol, Christmas in the Big Woods,
The Gift of the Magi, The Night Before Christmas and such. Plus the children's
books that they love so much.
DONE~Fireman Dad, Love Finds a Home, Doctor Right, Rancher's Promise, Family by
Design, and The Cowboys Homecoming
Hmm, I'm doing better than I thought. I've also read several books from the library that I forgot to write down, so I guess I'll have to say that I'm doing well, I'm ahead of schedule and that I'll be able to add several more books to the list through the next 6 weeks. Yeah me!
There's still time to join if you want. Head on over to www.callapidderdays.com and join us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...