Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Into Reading Question #4


Aha, I finally found question 4. Here it is : )
How large is your personal/family collection of books? And where do you keep them?
Oh my, I don't even want to answer this question! SO so SO many books! I'd have to say several hundred books, not counting curriculum for Home School. >.< And they are everywhere! I have a large bookshelf in my room, 5 shelves high, stuffed to the gills. I have several boxes of books in my rooms also, where there is no room for them. Each of our boys has a bookshelf in his room stuffed, and a few here and there laying about in their rooms as well. There is a basket full of 'seasonally appropriate/school subject' books in the LR to encourage reading ON TOPIC during book basket time. Add in the Library basket that normally has close to 50 books in it each week and we've got, (Dare I even say it?) Too many books. As if there IS such a thing. And actually, now that I think of it, we've got several Rubbermaid Totes out in the garage full of books that never made it into the house when we moved here several months ago. Yikes! AND, there are 2 bookshelves in our DR/schoolroom with our current homeschool materials. Oh dear, I have even more than I thought. But, at our house, books are friends so you can never have too many friends, right?? SOMEDAY, when my boys are grown and gone, living their own exciting lives, I'm going to have a room dedicated to just books, a comfy chair and a snuggly blanket. Now THAT sounds great! However, between now and then, I probably ought to get rid of a few since I already have enough to fill a room, a large room in fact. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction!
Having fun reading this? Head over to www.callapidderdays.com and join the fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...