Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, August 27, 2018

So...A Funny Thing Happened Last Night

After I posted this photo...
First Family Photo after moving to NM in 2007. Derek 2, Dan, David almost 10, Patrick 8.5, Kristy
 ...on FB earlier this week to celebrate our 11 year anniversary of living in the great state of New Mexico, I had several requests for a humorous photo remake. And so, here in all of it's radiant and ridiculous glory is that much requested photo.

Derek 13, Dan, David nearly 21, Patrick 19.5, Kristy
You're welcome.

This super silly photo brings me so much happiness that there are no words.

None at all.

Just a bubble of laughter ever time I look at it, and a deep abiding joy that my family is just as it is. Silly, loud, occasionally obnoxious (okay, perhaps more often than occasionally) loyal, hard-working, and some of the very best people I know. *See Gentleman Savage* Every single of them would give you the shirt off of their back, tow and /or repair your car, feed your belly, snuggle your baby, laugh with you, tell you when you've messed up but that it's okay and they know how to help you fix it, cry with you and in general love you like you've never been loved before.

And THAT is a legacy I'm comfortable with being part of every single day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...