Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, August 26, 2018

It's the Little Things: Days 238 and 239


I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  •  It's a Saturday at home, with nowhere to go unless I decide I want to leave.
  • It's the hubster calling to say he was on his way home (quite a rare occasion) and asking me to please order some dinner and not cook so I could hang out with him. *You best I did! 
  • It's a quick visit from a friend that was unexpected but very welcome.
  • It's so many texts flying back and forth between your bestie and you since she's home from work for a few weeks due to a medical issue. She's healing well and feeling better each day.
  • It's getting a little closer to your son's room being reasonable again after realizing is was WAY out of control a week ago.
  • It's pizza and movies with the regular attenders again and having leftovers.
  • It's getting 2 movies watched and everyone still getting to bed before 10. SCORE! 
  • It's a friend that is soon to move away bringing over doodahs to share from her nearly empty apartment in a pretty striped 31 Bags bag that I've been drooling over and then giving me the bag, too. Thanks!
  • It's a hilarious photo remake that the family indulged me by making.
  • It's winning a phone conversation with the Man-Child. :)
  • It's getting nearly caught up on the dishes after cleaning out the fridge and making myself tons of new dishes to do. 
  • It's Hercules hanging out in the kitchen with me and helping out by making his own Kombucha and chopping up an enormous watermelon. 
  • It's a grocery shopping trip that reminds of exactly why I don't take Dan grocery shopping with me, but that was so pleasant that I'm tempted to throw the grocery budget caution to the wind every week. 
  • It's a full fridge AND meal plans to make sure we use up that food.

    See how easy it is to come up with things once you start looking around?
    What's on YOUR little things list?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...