Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook~Hello 2012


FOR TODAY...Jan 3, 2012
Outside my window...the sun is shining, boys are laughing and jumping on the trampoline and the dog is busily chasing school busses (or think he is *winks*)
I am thinking...that today is a great day!
I am thankful...for today. It is, after all, Grati-Tuesday! I'm grateful for my hardworking handsome hubby, my healthy boys enjoying the winter break from school, and for a few minutes of solitude. Just me and the fishies right now.
In the kitchen...we just finished lunch of New Year's Cheese and cracker leftovers. Meals for the week are as follows

  • Monday~ Black bean, Beef and vegetable soup (with homemade veggie stock, no less!)
  • Tuesday~ Pasta bake
  • Wednesday~ Roast Chicken and garlic mashed potatoes with salad
  • Thursday~ Chock Full 'O Veggies Meat loaf from the crock pot and leftover mashed potatoes
  • Friday~ snacking in the car on the way to ALB for D's first gym meet of the season. Things like homemade trail mix, cereal bars, cheese sticks, fruit leathers, and sweet iced tea
  • Saturday~ Fast food on the way home from ALB
  • Sunday~ homemade pizza, popcorn and a veggie tray

I am wearing...a pink tee shirt, double braids, jean capris and bare feet
I am creating...goals, plans, school lessons for the return of school next week, order from the post holiday chaos and new routines for the new year
I am going...nowhere today *clapping hands* It's so rare to spend a day completely at HOME
I am wondering...if I can actually pull of losing 30 pounds like my New Year's Resolution says. **chewing nails**
I am reading..."The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You" Good stuff!
I am hoping...to be able to finish this blog without the phone ringing, the doorbell chiming, or the boys coming in to tattle on one another :D I seriously HEART me some quiet time!!
I am looking forward to...going to ALB this weekend and watching D do something he LOVES!
I am learning...to take one day at a time and not borrow tomorrow's troubles.
Around the house...the tree is finally down AND put away. The decorations are safely tucked away for another year, and our home is slowing working it's way back to normal. (whatever THAT is)
I am pondering...the words of a great Bible verse. "The Lord is near" I've said it before, I'll say it again, there's a WHOLE sermon in 4 short words. Ponder it with me, ruminate over it, live like you believe it.
A favorite quote for today...Hmmm, caught me off guard with this one, it's new. Well, I'll fall back on one of my old favorites. As quoted by Ronald Reagan, "The most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " Ha ha ha~
One of my favorite things...fresh cracked babies. (that's what we call newborns around here, they just got "cracked" out. We're C-section babies here at the Man Crew House)
A few plans for the rest of the week: packing for the weekend trip, making snacks for trip, one night of work at Kohl's, one night of tutoring, taking D back and forth to gym, reading to the family in the evening. Spending time with my parents. Life is good, ya know it?
A peek into my day...welcome to the Mayhem! I was watching Dan weld the other day. SO cool!

1 comment:

Fresh Juniper said...

Great post. Never heard babies called that before, lol. My Papa used to say that there was nothing in the world that smelled sweeter than a newborn baby person or a newborn baby horse.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...