Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Friday, January 13, 2012

Do You Have Photo Envy?


Earlier today, I read this great article over here. (http://www.hiphomeschoolmoms.com/2012/01/beautifully_picturesque/#comment-5158) And it got me to thinking about the assumptions we make about the people in front of the camera. Surely they don't have financial troubles, marital issues or rowdy, goofy children. They must be very nearly perfect, I mean the proof is in the picture, right? Most of my family pictures come out looking very much like they were inspired by a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon (no offense, Calvin) and I get frustrated sometimes. So today, I'm going to embrace the personality of my kiddos and post a posed picture and a 'real' picture or two. Hang on to your hats people : )

For another peek into 'real' life, check out this too! http://themancrew.blogspot.com/2010/05/wordless-wednesday_20.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

::sigh::

I get picture envy. It has been years since I get 'cute pictures' of my boys. 80% of th time their clothes are ripped, mis-matched, don't fit.....

The other day I asked the at least wear decent looking clothes incase I want to take some pictures.... but forgot the memory card.

Oh, well.

Katie said...

Love it ! Most of our pics are the same too! I do get envious when I see beautiful pics of kids looking so cute and serene . . . .reading, coloring ,etc . . . right now there is a soccer game going on in my living room . . . not quite picture worthy!

Kayla said...

Oh....I love this! That real family touch...not the perfect/pretend family! I strive for that too...although I don't like to show how sloppy my house is sometimes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...