Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, March 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook




For Today... March 8, 2010
Outside my window... it is WINDY...seriously breezy! I went to the mailbox today and I won't need micro-dermabrasion for quite some time now! On the upside, that sandblasting was for free : )
I am thinking... that I am not sure if I care for the Tuesday postings...I like the idea, but not the actuality of the process. I'm going to go back to posting on Monday and trying to catch up with the other post-ers later in the week. I completely missed last week and I feel out of the loop.
I am thankful for... more time spent with family this past week and this coming week as Dan is unemployed. It's been a time of refreshing and blessing...it's all good! We trust God to care for us during this time...and that's growth!
I am wearing... Monday 'clean the house' clothes...brown knit capris, a mint green tee and tennies
I am remembering.. the new church we attended for the first time yesterday. It was a blessing to hear the old hymns sung with fervor and heartfelt joy. What a blessing it was!
I am going... to work this T, W, Th, and Sat...but other than grocery shopping on Fri...hopefully nowhere else. I've already been to the library today and brought home my limit...LOL! I LOVE to read!
I am reading... 50 Dresses That Changed the World, A Quilters Holiday, and Becoming Lucy. Dan and I are reading here and there in our morning Bible readings, mostly Proverbs, Psalms and James this week. I've also still been pondering my way through Romans...but that has been going more slowly as I read more with Dan.
I am hoping... to get this house GOOD AND CLEAN this week as I take extra time each day in one room to get in the corners that never get dusted, straighten the shelves that never get attention and clean out drawers that never get opened...it's time to be paring down once again and we prepare to move (BOO to moving!)
On my mind... Dan's unemployment, the coming move, visitors from Minnesota, and homeschooling changes yet again.
Noticing that... The more things change, the more they stay the same. (Haven't decided if that a good thing or not...LOL)
Pondering these words... A face without freckles is like a night sky with no stars. (A sweet lady at the new church said that to David yesterday....and how I WISH someone had said that to me when I was a child!)
From the kitchen... Fresh bread, cookie dough and homemade popcorn...yummy! For meal plans...they are as follows;
  • Monday~Sauteed shrimp, green beans and rice
  • Tuesday~Chicken enchiladas and veggie tray
  • Wednesday~Pork stir fry
  • Thursday~Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread
  • Friday~Pizza...and homemade again! I sure missed it last week. (Last week I had to work and since we didn't want to cancel game night, everyone brought a frozen pizza...it worked, but it wasn't that tasty...LOL)
  • Saturday~ Smoked sausage, mac and cheese, salad
  • Sunday~To be Determined later *Sunday dinners get booted most the time, so I'm just going to wing it this Sunday : ) *

From the learning rooms... Today...TONS of reading! For the rest of the week...back on a regular schedule of the 3 Rs in the morning, MFW 2 afternoons, a community service project one afternoon and Craft class on Friday.
Around the house... Mostly tidy, but some serious organizing needs to be done soon. I'm doing a deep clean one room per day this week, but it helps to start with a basically tidy house. So I'm there...just need to start that project. Hmmmm....maybe I should just start packing instead....
One of my favorite things... A quiet afternoon filled with boys spread all over the house reading classic novels like "Jo's Boys," "Little Men," "The 5 Little Peppers," "Black Stallion," "Around the World in 80 Days" and the like. (And on the carfty homeschooling side, I can tell the boys that when they get done reading some of those books, we can check out the movies from Netflix and see if they followed the storyline. I LOVE it when I can call watching a movie with the kids 'school'!!)
From my picture journal... Another one of my favorite things?? A date night with the handsome-est man I know...my hubby Dan! And, I got a pic before we left!



This post is in response to the call to simplicity by the delightful Miss Peggy over at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ Come and join us!

1 comment:

Tara said...

So enjoyed your day book this week. Moving can be a great adventure. I to so love when watching movies is called schooling.
I agree with you on the Monday daybooks. I did mine yesterday, only thing now is posting the link have to keep checking in for the linky.
do pray you ahve a blessed week

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...