- Dan got his job back, at least temporarily. He's in Lovington, about 5 hours away this week doing some demo work.
- The boys have taken over the laundry, hallelujah! I'm doing the dishes again, and have discovered (as a shock to myself) that I would rather put away the dishes than fold clothes. WHO KNEW?? At any rate, they are doing well at it, and David is now responsible for the floors staying tidy and Pat is in charge of bathrooms...sigh, they are growing up!
- The new Skype thing is working out great! I've had several nice chats with Mom already, Dolli and I message back and forth often, I had a fun chat with Mom AND Kelly today, and Dad and Mom called on Friday to say hi to the game night crowd. I think next week I'm going to pull up a table to the computer desk and see if we can manage a game of Farkle via the Skype. I'll have to reposition the web cam, but that's no problem. : ) Interesting stuff, this technology!
- The boys rose to my challenge of reading "Around the World in 80 Days" before I would rent the movie for them. They read it in 2 afternoon sessions and a quick 30 minute session...and then they enjoyed the movie. The old version should be here in a few days and then we can compare and contrast...story lines, special effects, which one they liked better, all that good stuff! (I love it when school can be watching 2 movies...LOL)
- We enjoyed the new church again this week, and this time I managed NOT to get overwhelmed with homesickness for OUR church. Derek went to their children's church and once he got over it not being HIS teacher (LOL) he enjoyed it very much.
- Oh my, so much good stuff...God is so good to us, even (and especially) when we don't deserve it.
I like the idea of this kind of post. If you do too, then list YOUR little things. I'm making it a goal to be more positive this year...join me!