Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, March 22, 2010

It's the Little Things




I've discovered as I make this journey through life, that it's not the HUGE things that make or break your day, week, month or LIFE....it's the little things. So in celebration of those little things, list a few things that made your day, week, month or LIFE sweeter or brighter.
  • Dan went back to work again this week...thank you Jesus!
  • The boys are getting better about their new chores, even though they still have to be reminded.
  • I have friends and family to call upon should I need some help, or even some company while Dan is out of town. It's a nice feeling : )
  • Jodi has spring break this week from work, so we have LOTS of time to work on catching up on some MFW schooling things. We are 'travelling' to Norway and then France. James got so excited about it, he packed a bag!
  • My readily stocked pantry/freezer is feeding us for yet another week without grocery money, I call that a miracle. The only things I bought were some milk and fresh fruit. AMEN!
  • I made a new recipe tonight and D and P liked it, and DT almost ate it...and that's HUGE at our house...to have a meal that EVERYONE likes. Coupled with some fresh french bread....black bean soup really hits the spot.
  • I finally sat down and wrote to my pen pals, who have been kind enough not to ditch me even though I've been a LOUSY writer for the past few months. (Ladies, your letters went into the mail today!)
  • I got my FREE Busy Mom's Bible today, and I get to dig into it and write a review. Have I mentioned that FREE is my favorite price?? : )
  • As mentioned previously in other 'Little Things' posts...I am LOVING this skype thing. Getting to visit with my parent and sisters via a video call is just about the best thing ever!

I like the idea of this type of post. If you do too, post a few of YOUR little things. I'm making it a goal to be more positive this year...join me!

~K~


A video pic of my dad while we were talking last night....awww!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...