Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, May 4, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY...May 4, 2009
Outside my window...it is sunny and warm, almost hot, but now that the swamp coolers are running, that's OK!

I am thinking...that Monday is a great day for starting over, making something new, and trying a new recipe...or an old favorite!

I am thankful for...'Shua's arrival, his job offer even before his arrival and the opportunity for him to work WITH Dan!

From the learning rooms...Aleks math online, worksheets, massive amounts of reading and bug catching/observing

From the kitchen...bread is baking, eggs are boiling and David is preparing soup. Tonight...my Dad's nearly famous Hungarian Goulash...it's really mac and cheese with hamburger in it, but the kids are really excited so we aren't spoiling it for them...ha ha

I am wearing...work out clothes as I dash around being super Mama

I am creating...home baked meals, a revised schedule to accommodate for Jodi being around and 3 day weekends, a cleaner house and a happy hubby since I announced that there is money slotted for him to get a new tat this weekend...no hate mail!!

I am going...crazy, but I'm fine with that

I am reading...nothing yet this week...but in the last two weeks I read 6 500 page books....so I'll just stick to my Bible reading this week

I am hoping...that 'Shua likes it here 1/2 as much as we love having him here, that Lauren can stand the waiting, that Austin makes some life altering choices for the better and that Jen (my bestest Internet buddy) can ACTUALLY make it down here for a visit...SOOOO excited at the thought!

I am hearing...the fans pushing around cool air and not much else, which means I need to go find some kiddos and a new puppy

Around the house...the beach is now IN my living room after this weekend's sand storm so I need to put it back outside where it belongs...and then the whole house needs a once over, it was LONG weekend!

One of my favorite things...All my boys under one roof again...I can't even tell you how much this mama missed her biggie boy!

A few plans for the rest of the week...OH my GRAVY!! So exciting, 'Shua left his car so I can take the boys to the park if I want...yeah! So I might actually run some errands, go to the library, pack a picnic and hit the park and/or just drive because I CAN!! yeah! Thanks, darling boy!

Here is picture thought I am sharing... Dan and Joshua at the TOP of a rock formation at City of Rock State park last year during his visit. Have I mentioned that it's good to have my boy HOME again??
The simple life is one worthy of living...check out more posts about the simple life at Miss Peggy's blog at www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com Come on over!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...