Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... April 21, 2009, I know, a day late, but that's life, right??
Outside my window...boys are running past, enjoying the warm summery sun, room to roam and Birds are twittering to one another
I am thinking...that home is the best place to be
I am thankful for...a house that is big enough for all of us, my biggie boy coming home next week and a wonderful hubby also known as "the Mechanic GOD"
From the learning rooms...we are alphabetizing the DVD collection (don't you just LOVE creative ideas for learning??) doing Aleks math online and I finally found their worksheets and all 500 books so we are totally in business again!! Hurray!
From the kitchen...bread is fresh from the oven, chicken Parmesan is for dinner tonight and tea is freshly brewed and being enjoyed while still warm
I am wearing...workout clothes so that I can MOVE it to get this house clean before and comes home
I am creating...a place for everything...still working on the and everything in it's place part...LOL
I am going...to work for money tonight...instead of the paid with hugs kind ; )
I am reading...Beyond the Picket Fence, re-reading parts of the Love Dare and the Bible
I am hoping...that I will be ready by the time 'Shua gets here, and that Dan and I will have an easy adjustment when yet ANOTHER person joins our home..it's getting pretty full around here already...hee hee
I am hearing... Titus waking up from his nap, the little boys whispering to each other as they look at books, the aforementioned birds chirping, the dryer working hard at drying our clothes and the clicking of the keyboard as I type this
Around the house...it's looking pretty good, it's home blessings day, so all the beds have clean sheets, the floors are swept/vac'd and mopped, the bathroom is tidy and the dishes are all done...at least for the next hour.
One of my favorite things...time to blog : )
A few plans for the rest of the week: Working tonight, game night on Friday complete with homemade pizza again, and enjoying the lovely weather outside with the boys.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...Here is Dan on his victory lap in the Dune buggy. Dan has had it for almost 6 weeks and FINALLY got it running on Sunday...Woo hoo!!

This post is about living the simple life to the fullest! To read other blogs of the same style, check out Miss Peggy's blog at http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ or click on the top photo. Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...