Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Queen for day...that's me!











As many of you know, turning 35 didn't thrill me, so my wonderful family made it the best day possible. I woke up to breakfast in bed, courtesy of David and Patrick...I even got to eat cookies for breakfast...yeah me! I got up and wrapped a gift or two and then wandered out to survey the damage to the kitchen and found that there was none! Double hurray! I lounged around until lunchtime, mostly directing traffic as Dan and the boys helped finish making the house sparkle for Mom and Dad's visit. Then Jodi went and picked up lunch so I didn't have to make or clean up after lunch either. I finished a few small things like putting the finishing touches on my Christmas letter, addressing envelopes and hiding from Dan who was on a cleaning frenzy with the new vacuum...LOL! Everyone in the regular 'gang' came over and then the real party started...Charlie and Devin came over to make my dinner....seriously, does your life get ANY BETTER than a man coming over to make you dinner?? He made Chicken Cordon Bleu, Corn on the cob and a big crunchy salad...YUM~O!! Then Dan and Karen did all the dishes before I opened my gifts. Since Charlie and Devin aren't coming over on Christmas day, we let them open their gifts also...Devin got the Chuzzle he had been asking for and Charlie got lots of new clothes that he had been needing. Then it was my turn...I got several lovely cards, a new work shirt and the best gift was from Dan...he gave me new wedding rings...How on earth did I ever get so lucky?? I mean blessed...he is so thoughtful...my rings broke years ago and though I've had a ring or two since, I've never had actual wedding rings again....*sigh of contentment** So in addition to the gifts that were wrapped, I also got a full day off of kitchen duty...I had a hard time staying out! Several of my friends called to wish me well and I really just had one of those days where you just can't imagine your life being any better than it is right at that moment...those are the days to treasure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...