Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Busy, Busy, BUSY!! ...and other random thoughts

This has been a busy week...with all the holiday stuff going on, preparing for visitors, last minute shopping, Jodi's handbell concerts, a birthday party for Devin, working 3 nights, (all of them late nights) Christmas baking...(yummy!) and all the regular stuff...church, AWANAs, school, taking care of the house, kids, hubby and friends...Christmas sure is a busy time! Anywho...I decided to take time to write my Christmas letter this week, and it turned out great if I do say so myself. Those of you who actually know me and are held near and dear to my heart, expect yours in the mail soon. We also got new carpet today, so all the hustle and bustle of emptying 3 VERY FULL bedrooms and closets to make room for that added to the FUN that was yesterday. My 35th b-day is coming up next week and it's throwing me for a loop...feels like I should have done something marlevous, fantastic, earth shaking or life altering with myself by now...but then as I look at the happy faces of my kiddos and Dan..I remember that I AM, have been and will continue to be doing something fantastic, wonderful and life altering with myself. We are all getting anxious about Mom and Dad coming...they will be here next Sunday...Woo Hoo! 7 months is WAY too long! I have a very busy work schedule next week and I may just call in a night or two...Kohl's will go on without me. Not really sure what this next week holds...probably as much school as I can squeeze in, some extra sleep for the boys, more baking...zucchini bread anyone?, more Christmas specials on TV, bunches of sorting boxes after dragging everything out and deciding once again that we have WAY too much stuff, and some good family time. OK, this really is a random blog...so random that it;'s getting on my nerves, so I will sigh off and come back later when it's not 2:30 in the morning and I'm 3/4 asleep.
Love to all!!
Kristy

1 comment:

jolincountry said...

Wow, Kristy you are a busy woman!
I love that in all of what's going on, you still find time to include Christmas Specials and baking.
Happy Birthday (alittle early)!!
My prayer for you is that you are able to find alittle down time to sit and relax.
YAY that you got more carpet put down. I bet the kids are loving that! Sounds like wayyy too much work! lol
Have a wonderful Sunday, Kristy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...