Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Sunday, February 11, 2018

It's the Little Things: Days 41 & 42

 I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  • It's a glorious Saturday spent completely at home, being busy about the tasks a homemaker calls her own. 
  • It's digging through every piece of Christmas decor you own, remembering happy little Christmases of long ago, deciding what to repack and what can go bless someone else's next Christmas.
  • It's several hours spent working happily alongside my mother, who can run circles around me, while we chat and laugh together.
  • It's having an old family favorite movie to watch late in the evening to laugh over together with your favorite middlest of middle children, while others are asleep or out helping someone with a project. 
  • It's an inspiring sermon at Reel2Real church that leaves plenty for you to ruminate upon during a quiet Sunday afternoon alone. 
  • It's TIME to blog on a quiet Sunday afternoon...and plan a tea party for my mom's 70th birthday, and work on a surprise for Dan's 42nd birthday, and chat with my sisters, and work in my planner, and update my computer, and prep dinner so whenever Hercules wandered back in the door I could have dinner on the table in 5 minutes. 
  • It's having sons that are nearly as handy as their father so that when Mama K or Grma need something, there are always helping hands willing and able to be of service with a smile. 
  • It's a good CD played on repeat while no one is here to complain about my repetitive musical tastes. :)
  • It's missing Caden's 1st birthday party, but knowing that there will be plenty of photos and videos coming to me across the miles via technology. 
  • It's ending a restful weekend curled up in the arms of the man I love, watching a movie before putting this weekend to bed, ready to face the coming week.

What's on YOUR little things list today?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...