Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

It's the Little Things: Day 45


I want to focus on the good things this year.
All the things people get right.
All the times that everything works out just perfectly after we assumed disaster had already struck.
All the times that the right word was spoken at the right moment.
So, let's celebrate those little moments together, shall we?
  • It's waking up to find that your Tax Refund has arrived overnight and you are able to catch up on some bills...and maybe even afford a small treat.  
  • It's Sister-Girl Night and laughing our heads off together over the antics of our children/grand-babies while enjoying some very tasty food.
  • It's a call from your nephew asking if he's made the right choices for his Valentine's Day sweetie. (To which I laughed and replied, "Wrong sister. Kristy doesn't do V-Day and I'm barely a girl anyway.") But it's always nice to be consulted for our perceived wisdom...am-I-right? 
  • It's a good day of school for Mr. T and Slick that included a pizza party (hooray for the tax refund)
  • It's being nearly ready for tomorrow's Thursday Night Games for the BIGS and it's not even Thursday! Woot!
  • It's enjoying my fun online Tupperware party and making new friends.
  • It's appreciating my quiet alone time in the mornings to get a few small tasks accomplished and having a few minutes to myself before the rest of the Man Crew wakes up. 

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...